chapter two

We pulled up at the mall and it was the biggest one in town. Only the rich shopped here. I'm not rich but I thought I'd spoil Iris a bit.

" wow" Iris said entering the store. She never goes shopping with me. I usually give her my hand me downs or I go on my own. I managed to save up enough money from my summer job at the bookstore to cover both our clothes though my dad gave his card, I dont like using his money. I always pay him back if I do because it would bother me and I wouldn't be able to get anything done.

" come on let's go find your size " I said and we walked in. " Audrey!" A voice called. I turned my attention to the man packing the shirts. " hi Liam!" I said then turned to Iris " I'll be back just pick out things you like. Here" I said giving her my purse " if you wanted alone time with your boyfriend, you could have just said " she said wiggling her brows while walking to the clothing on the other side.

I sighed and walked over. He sat on the ground, folding the shirts." hey" " hey" I stood there in a comfortable silence. " so shopping?" He asked. " yeah, Iris needs acceptable clothing for her last year so I thought I'd help her out. Also my dad doesnt like her choice of clothing these days" I explained and he nodded. He then looked at his watch and stood up. " well my shift is over soooooooo... you want to go walk around?" He asked and I smiled but my sister came to mind. " yeah just-let-umm" I struggled for words for a moment. " iris?" He asked and I nodded with a chuckle. " iris ! Liam and i are going to walk around!" I yelled." Ok I'll be here! Oh this is gorgeous " she said as she picked up a blue dress.

" I might have to return some of those after" I told liam with concern." you sure you don't need a babysitter for her?" Liam asked and I hit him on the shoulder." She's not that small" I said and we began to walk.

We passed the stores one by one. The perfume store, the toy store and a few others on the way. " you applied already right " liam asked ." Hmm- oh college yeah I got accepted at Hazelwood " I said looking around " HAZELWOOD. Like the Hazelwood? He asked in disbelief " yeah. Hazelwood, Hazelwood." I repeated.

" there is - you are smart!" He said out loud earning us some wierd looks from the people behind us and I chuckled. " I mean it's a dream come true don't you think" I said with a smile as I looked at him.

Hazelwood is the best school in the country. Kids from all over come here to study and get a degree. But because the school is so popular the fees are high so only the rich can get in or if you get in with a scholarship. I didn't get a scholarship though. My dad manages a branch of a multibillion dollar company so we are set incases of school.

I really didn't want to go to Hazelwood though, I wanted to go to be with Liam and the rest if my friends but my father is friends with his boss and his boss insisted that I go there due to my marks. My marks are way higher than average but there was a reason I turned down the scholarships to Hazelwood.

I understand that my dad wants the best for me but I don't know, he just never asked me for my opinion of Hazelwood. I know how rich kids tend to act. They act as if they own the world and only they deserve respect.

The roof was made of glass causing the sun to shine through giving it a lovely orange hue. This walk was nice but I have to go get Iris before she uses all my money. " liam I loved walking with you..." " you need to get Iris" he said with a smile.

He grabbed my hand and turned me around. " well let's stop her from making you go broke" he said and we both laughed.

***

Iris walked out with bags on each arm and her sunglasses on her head. She looked like she fitted in well here." Well madam Harper, your car awaits" I said bowing and so did liam. " come on you scrums I don't have all day" she played along and we all laughed.

After saying bye to liam we got ready for a tire-some ride home.

The ride was quiet. " you like him don't you" " no I don't" " you do I can see it on your face" i turned to her with a flat looked and she looked at me in disgust once more for the day." Never mind you look ugly" she said turning to the road. I rolled my eyes. " you need to be more serious this is your last year." I told her and she sighed leaning her head in the window.

" I know" she replied with no interest. It's not that she's horrible it's just I don't want her being left behind and all her friends moving over. It doesn't seem fair.

" do you have to live at the school though?" She asked. " we've been over this-"" no I don't know why you can't just stay with us!" She yelled. " our house is very far from the school and you know that " I informed her, she grunted and turned back to the window.

I was the only, how do I say, mother figure in her life. I helped her and she told me everything and now that her phone is taken off it's going to be difficult to contact me. I know she hates it I do too.

When we stopped in the drive way Iris got out immediately and ran in. I didn't bother stopping her knowing that she wouldn't, even if I tried.

I sighed knowing that I have to take all the bags in. So I got out and opened the boot. I tried to manage all the bags but the thought that ran through my head at that moment was. How did Iris carry all these." Need help?" I heard my dad.

I turned around almost hitting him." Sorry and yes I do" I said and he smiled as he took some of my bags. " so I'm guessing you spoke about Hazelwood?" He implied and I nodded.