chapter three

" do you have to go?" Iris asked with a pouted lip. " yeah I'll see you the weekend though" I told her with a smile " come on I'll drop you " dad informed me as he ran out the door. I waved goodbye to her and she stood there awkwardly. " you know I could really use a hug right now" I said and spread my arms out. A tear ran down her face as she ran to me. " be safe" she said I smiled and kissed her on the head. "I will and don't give dad a hard time okay" I said and she nodded. "Audrey!" My dad called" I gotta go bye" I said and ran out

***

I took a deep breath as I stood before the gates. The air was cool but the sun had yet to heat it. The building stood tall with a huge clock at the top, it gave off a wooden cottage vibe as the front doors were oak and the frames too.

I walked through the gates and joined the rest of the students at the entrance. The principal stood high and proud at the drop of the steps but she looked familiar. Everyone stood with serious looks and some with outrageous outfits. There were those who wore accessories covered in diamonds and gold and some that just looked formal and of higher class.

" I'm guessing you are new?" A voice sounded beside me. I tilted my head up to the side. His face was blinded by the sun for a moment but his features became clear. He had a sharp nose, perfectly arched brows, full smooth lips and mesmerizing grey eyes. " I asked you a question " he cleared his throat and I realized I was staring. I immediately looked away embarrassed. " y-yeah" I said tucking my hair behind my ear. " so um... could you show me around" I asked but got no reply. I looked to my side to see him gone. " dont worry about my brother, honey bunny he's ...well I still didn't figure that out. If you dont answer him immediately he kinda ignores you." a new voice said and I looked beside me. He looks just like the other but with a more friendly approach. He had a smile and his hair was a bit messy.

" well everyone welcome to your first day at Hazelwood University. I hope that we can work together to achieve our goals and become the best versions of ourselves. To build up to the top and push yourself to reach new heights. We are the next generation and we are going to change the world. Here at Hazelwood we test your abilities and help you improve . We teach you and train you to become number one. And in return we will have the honor of saying , that you were our student.So let's start your journey" The principal's voice boomed through the microphone and everyone began to clap.

" you will be split into 5 groups and sent to your rooms. One more thing these will be your class mates as well" She added . Our names were then being called. I turned to my side to see the boy gone. I searched all over until my eye caught him. He stood talking to a group of well dressed boys with branded shirts. He too was dressed well. I then looked at my outfit. My shoes were branded, my dress I bought with iris at my sweet 16 - scratch that my whole outfit was from my sweet 16. I mean it looks okay , I guess.

I stood there awkwardly as I was the only one without friends. All my friends are at a different lower class University. " must be nice" I mumbled looking down." Audrey Harper!" My name was yelled and I looked up to the principal who stood with a smile. " come with me darling" she said and I walked towards her. I now noticed that everyone was silent and all eyes were on me.

" mrs Hudson which class am I in?" A familiar voice asked and I looked up. It was the boy, that came to me after the one left. " you too are with me, Alexander Brooks " she replied to him with a forced smile. He then turned to me with a smirk. " well honey bunny looks like we're classmate."

" I do not appreciate you speaking to her mr Brooks her results are actually pleasant to look at" she said with a clear of her throat and a raised brow. I sighed and looked away. " but mrs Hudson, what if she could be my new study buddy" he said and walked over to me. He stood beside me and put his arm around my shoulder." Please I'd rather have her mix with Elijah " she said and rolled her eyes.

I heard a scoff from beside me and looked up to the side to see the first boy I spoke to. " did you hear Alex ,back off" he said and pushed Alex's hand off my shoulders and replaced it with his. Why do you care so much all of a sudden?

I looked around awkwardly and saw that I was getting a lot of glares from the rest of the girls. " shit" I muttered and Alex chuckled , then leaned in." You dont seem like the type to swear honey bunny" He whispered " you say as if you know me and dont call me that" I replied " well I could get to know you" he said" alex leave her alone" Elijah said pulling me more into his side. " why should I listen to you?" Alex snickered." what are the 3 of you talking about!" Mrs Hudson yelled.

We froze in place. " ok let's show you to your rooms. Shall we" she irritatedly as she looked at Alex ,who found his shoe to be the most interesting thing at that moment.

" let's go honey bunny" Alex said and pushed Elijah's arm off my shoulder. I quickly ran off so I dont have to walk with eithers arm around me. " you know if you smiled more she wouldn't have ran away" Alex said. " oh really you are the one who made her uncomfortable " Elijah retorted. I rolled my eyes listening to their conversation.

"You are so gorgeous. What skin care do you use? Oh I see the Brooks brothers find a liking to you.So what company does your dad own?" A high pitched voice rambled beside me " um...thanks. I dont have one and my dad doesnt own one" I said and she stopped. " so you're like..poor" she asked and i looked at her confused. " no I'm pretty well off" i said and just walked away. I forgot these kids practically swim in money. Dont say anything stupid Audrey.

As we continued inside i saw that all the girls were crowded around one person. They followed him like sheep. " so honey bunny what's your favorite colour?" Alex appeared out of nowhere. That name is getting annoying. " that is not how you ask a girl for her number you idiot" Elijah said causing the two to break out into another argument.

" yeah it is you first get to know her then slowly make her fall for you" Alex said. " or you could ask her straight up. You know get it over and done with." Elijah explained." She'll think you're a creep also if you go about it like that she will never like you leaving you a to succeed in being a lonely idiot" alex said earning a groan from Elijah. " I did I asked her" Elijah said probably referring to me."Well if you dont get to know her and just walk away after she answers your first question I doubt she'd give you her number " I said referring to what he did to me earlier.

Alex laughed as he walked beside me." So um-" I cut him off" no you cant have my number" I said." But-" i cut him off again" I only give them to friends " I said before he could question. " can we be friends." He asked with a smile. " I'll think about it" i said walking a little faster.

" okay everyone listen up. This is the main building. Your dorms are separated into boys and girls. I will show the-" but was cut off my Alex " why cant we share?" Alex asked raising his hand. " you know why Mr Brooks. As you are the reason that we had that incident last year." She said narrowing her eyes on him. " what did you do?" I asked in a whisper. " nothing just fucked a girl who was carrying the school in some math competition. She ended up failing becauseshe said that she didn'tget enough sleep. But I have to hand it to her she lasted longer than I thought" he said and my eyes widened." Also the reason I advise you, Ms Harper, to stay away from him." The principal said still glaring.

" but Mrs Hudson, honey bunny over here is my new friend" he said and my eyes knitted in confusion. I did not conform that." So she and I are going to study together." He added proudly as Elijah shook his head. I have a feeling Elijah's the more responsible brother between the two.