chapter ten

My eyes are closed while we step out of her office. She scolded us and told us to never do it again or there'll be consequences. We just accepted our fate and didn't say a word. It went surprisingly well, not well but not to bad. Then again she thought we were in her office to make out. I let out a sigh when the door slams close behind us causing me to flinch.

It's really cold. I should've brought a jacket. I stole a glance at Hunter who kept his scowl clear on his face. " what the hell are you looking at?" He asked with a slither of anger and disappointment behind his voice. My eyes fell to the floor and my hands to my arms. I rubbed them to try and heat up my body as much as possible.

" I'm sorry" I said taking another glance. " for you know screaming my head off like an imbasile" I admitted but he didn't speak so I continue. " and I'm sorry for calling you selfish, it wasn't a nice thing to sa-" " that's your problem." He said finaly meeting my gaze. The light from the moon lit his eyes but now that they are lit they are no longer hypnotic nor playful. His eyes dark but unreadable. " you dont know when to shut up. You babble on and on as if I want to hear your story and apologies. I dont and neither does anyone else give a fuck about you and your experiences. I dont want to listen to your apologies either because I know that the only reason you're talking is because you dont know how to stop" he said.

His words struck me like a bullet to the heart. Do I really talk to much? No ones ever complained about it before. My throat clenched. My eyes stung but I blinked the tears away. Once again my eyes dropped to the floor. " I'm sor-" I tried to whisper without letting him hear that I'm on the verge of crying. " and there you go again!" He yells throwing his hands in the air.

I remain silent. It's no use . I turn my back to him and begin walking with my arms still wrapped around my body keeping myself warm. While walking I heard him scoff and his footsteps slowly disappearing.

I made it to my building and up to my room. The loud sound of something knocking fills my ears along with loud moans from nextdoor. " ew" I mumble to myself knowing exactly what that sound means. " Alex!" The girl moans causing me to scrunch my nose up even more. I'm not hugging him if he shows up by my door tomorrow.

***

A loud bang on my door causes adrenaline to rush through me scarring me awake. My breath is hitched and I'm looking around wondering what happened. I slow my breathing pace a bit and get out of bed. The knocking continues but not as loud.

I walk to my door opening slowly not really knowing who on earth would be here at this time. Once the door opens Alex falls into my room with a loud thud. I look at him confused. I squatted down to see that he's asleep. " Alex!" I hissed as I shook his shoulder. He groaned and pulled his shoulder away. " Alex!" I whisper yelled. " no Elijah" he says in a sleepy tone. " do I look like your brother" I asked him with all seriousness.

He turns to ly on his back . His eyes open slightly blinking before squinting at me. " you're too pretty to be him" he said making me blush a little. " you think I'm pretty?" I asked with a hopefully smile. " you're gorgeous Claire" he replies and my smile drops. I let out a breath. He turns back on his side causing the side of his face to smoosh on the floor. " I hate you" I whispered to him. I dont.

I stood up and looked at the guy asleep on my floor. My head tilted to the side and I bent down again. I brushed the hair away from his eyes allowing me to see more of his face. His lip is pouted and his cheeks are a light shade of red. I cant help but smile as I look down at him. He looks so cute when he's sleeping, like a baby.

I let out a small laugh then looked around.
Welp
I can either leave him here on the floor or I could put him on the bed. It is big enough.
I think.
I walk around to try and get him to sit up but I failed at it. My attempt to roll him over there failed too.

I stood infront of him and attempted to pull him up from the front. I got him to stand but once his weight shifted to me we fell to the ground. I groaned at the impact.

A chill ran down my spine as his warm slow breaths hit my neck. His face was in the crook of my neck . My skin began to burn where it made contact with his. My eyes shut as I took deep shakey breathes." Alex get off please" I whimpered struggling under him. But that only made him move his arms around me. " Alex" I said again causing his arms to tighten pulling us closer together.

" Alex please" I pleaded and moved a little then got up slowly. His eyes were half open while hovering over me. I lied still. He blinked a few times then smirked.
No.
No
No
" Alex get off me" I said and pushed him off me . He fell beside me with a groan. " you're not claire" he said and turned to me. I stood up and dusted myself. " but I bet you'd look better than her right now, if you got rid of that" he smirked pointing to my over sized T.

" keep dreaming. Now get up and go to your own room." I said walking to my bed and tucking myself in " can't I sleep here?" He asked. "On the floor ? Of course be my guest " I replied " no" he said getting up. He walked to the bed and plopped down next to me. " here" he said putting his arms behind his head and crossing his legs at the ankle. He let out a sigh indicating that he is very much comfortable.

I looked at him with a raised brow. Then pushed him off. " ow" he whined and I laughed. " fine I'll go" he said walking to the door. Didn't expect him to give up that easily. Then again he's probably tired " bye close the door behind you" I said waving. He glared at me and slammed the door shut.