chapter seven

Stepping foot into the cafeteria arched doorway the aroma of delicious food and fresh baked bread hit me. The place was packed with first year students up to the last year students. Most students sat at the ceiling to floor windows that displayed a beautiful lake with trees hanging over. The flowers on the trees were in heavy bloom swaying slightly in the wind.

I saw Elijah surrounded by girls with a huge grin on his face. Well I'd not like to be part of that group. I looked around to maybe find-ew go find a room I thought as my nose scrunched looking at the sight. Alex had a girl on his lap and they were eating each others faces out. Well I'm not a big fan of public affection.

After looking around and standing at the door awkwardly I sighed and left. I walked out of the main building and to the football field. I dont know where it is but I'll find it eventually.

I walked down a pathway with rose bushes on both sides leading to what looks like the football field. Looking around I noticed the sun was at its peak and the trees swayed slightly while the sounds of birds and squirrels made it feel more relaxing.

Before iris was born, I remember my mother taking me out to the garden on a day like this. We'd sit on the wooden bench my dad built and we'd just admire the sight. Though i was 2 I loved sitting with her in the garden every morning sniffing the flowers and sitting beside my mom who used to draw them. When she left it didn't affect me much the only thing that changed was the routine. I do miss her absence from time to time and imagine what life would be like if she hadn't left. But dad has been trying his best.

I knelt down infront of one of the bushes and plucked a flower. I'm not a fan of Rose's but they are pretty. Entering the field I went to the bleachers and sat in the middle row not too high and not too low.

I dusted my dress and sat dow. A bright blue shirt caught my attention as it moved across the field. I looked closer but the face was not too clear. He kept running to the middle and throwing the ball but it never made it over. He tried and tried but failed. He ran one last time and threw the ball and it went over. I jumped up and cheered. " you did it!" But realization hit that he didn't know I was there and I slapped my hand over my mouth.

I stared at him wide eyed as he ran towards me. He threw off the helmet and climbed the stairs. His wet hair covered his face slightly and fell further into his face as he jogged his way to me.

When he made it he ran a hand through his hair and moving it out of his face only to reveal those hypnotic green orbs. " Audrey right?" He asked and I nodded. The smile he had this morning was faced instead he held one of irritation. " why are you here?" He asked a brow raised. " i- I um... i didn't want to sit in the cafeteria" I said with a nervous chuckle and gave him a smile but his face did not change. I cleared my throat and continued. " I dont know anyone there and the only ones I know are with girls." I added.

I glanced up at him through my lashes and he looked as if pondering. He sighed. " look I only gave you my number not to embarrass yourself any further. Those two especially Alex , once they get used to you as a friend they treat you ... how do I say this like one of the ... ' bros' and they don't give you respect and they just flat out dont care about your feelings" he explained making air quotes. " that's why no girls are friends with them . The girls only hang with them for a good time so they dont get treated with embarrassment and disrespect. So if you're looking at them as a life partner , I adviseyou not to" he added and I laughed

" I think those two are the last people I want to spend the rest of my life with. " I said with a smile. " um anywho i kinda need to go " he said and left. As he walked away I saw how his back muscles flexed as he walked further away and how his - oh damn his ass is nice. Shit I said ass. No I thought it so it's fine. I said shit too.

But he stopped. " theres a party at the swimming pool later you should join!" He yelled and I smiled. " what time ?!" I yelled back. " you know after lights out!" He replied and a smile grew on my face. I then began to jump and punch the air " yes!yes!" I screamed. Hopefully he didn't hear me.

To be honest I was never invited to parties. The only time I ever went well that did not go well. I got drunk with liam and makenzie. I then went swimming in my bra and undies with my crush and I kissed him. Turns out he just wanted to sleep with me but though I was drunk I still had the common sense to say no. I then called my dad and explained why my clothes were wet and was then banned from parties and grounded for a month.

But now I'm an adult and I can make my own decisions. They dont have to he good ones but I'll have to deal with the consequences either way.

My phone rang in my pocket and I fished it out. " hello Audrey speaking " I said " hey are you busy?" My dads voice sounded on the other side. " no why?" I asked. " well I really miss you and Iris has somthing on her mind and refuses to talk to me about it. Luna tore up one side of the couch so now we have to throw it out. " he said and the irritation was clear. I then heard a soft meow on the other side and giggled. " I'll pay for it" I suggested " no no I was thinking of getting a new set anyway I was getting bored of the cream. I wish you were here. It's just not the same" he ended off sadly. " I'll see you the weekend. " I said and hung up.

I know it was rude but if I let him hang up we would sit in awkward silence with the call still going. That's dad for you. I wonder if I cant bring Luna to school.