chapter fourteen

I pulled into the gravel driveway of my house. I began to feel nervous knowing that my father can walk out at any minute. On that thought I need to get them away from here ASAP .

I unbuckled my belt and got out immediately but before I ran in I turned to them. " dont follow me, dont get out and if my dad comes here act as if you are my friends boyfriends and I am picking them up after this got it" I said and hunter nodded. I turned to Alex with a raised brow. " got it" I asked again. " yeah yeah now get your things" he said and shooed me away. I dont trust him.

After getting inside quietly but quickly, I ran to my room in search of my bag. I looked all over , even in Iris's room but I found nothing. I retraced my memory and remembered that I left it on the kitchen counter.

I jogged down the stairs and froze when i got to the bottom. My ears filled with the sound of laughter as I saw the two of them sitting in the kitchen with my dad. Shit shit shit. I kept mumbling until I got to the kitchen. " I thought I told you to stay in the car" I said through gritted teeth as I smiled at them. My dad looked at me confused. " now why would you do that?" My dad asked.

" exactly mr Harper, I told her so many times that nothing will go wrong if she introduced us to you ,but she never listens" Alex said and my eyes narrowed. " Isa sweetheart did you know Hunter over here is my boss's son and Alex's mother and I used to be friends in highschool " my dad said with a smile as he informed me how he knew their parents.

With furrowed brows I looked at my dad. If I recall it correctly my dad never had girls as friends. I know this because he never spoke of them and when telling us what boys to stay away from he gave very good details on that. Later Iris and I did some yearbook research and found that my dad never was FRIENDS with girls. Not only that but my dear father was a fuck boy.

Also we asked our aunt about how my dad was in highschool and she told us some nights she couldn't sleep because the headboard in my dads room kept banging against the wall and the loud moans didn't stop until 1 in the morning. TMI but my aunt is like an older sister even if we only see her once a month.

One wierd thing is that I never found moms pictures in the year book. But I'll check again just to be sure. To find a Lavender- what was moms last name?

" right ' friend' " I said making air quotes. He glared at me and I smiled. I know damn well that he probably slept with Alex's mom at some point. I just wont tell him that.

After saying our goodbyes to my dad and after I got a reminder of our 100 and something rules, we went back outside. And decided to start the journey. We all got into the car and buckled up again. " why'd he call you Isa?" Alex asked curiously. I contemplated on whether to tell him or not before answering. " I have two names. " I said starting the car " so-" I cut him off " no you cannot call me that" I sternly said and pulled out of our driveway.

I never let anyone call me on my middle name and I'm not going to change that for Alex, I didn't even change it for Kenzey or Liam not even Iris calls me that. I did let one person call me that but it was a long time ago. I just I despise that name so much. Not that I hate the name Isabella, it's a great name I just dont like it being MY name. I refrained from writing it on document even my school papers dont have it in there.

Everyone asked me why but I dont know how to explain it. I just like Audrey, it's lovely and not almost everyone has it as first or middle name. Also I'm not a fan of the nicknames that come with it.
Example :

● isa - sounds like the name of a cute sweet innocent little child. I'm not a child

●bella- Italian for beautiful/beauty ( used in some cases where flirting is involved)

●bell - the character from beauty and the beast ( I love her but it's a no)

...

I could go on but time is limited and my mind has some storage problems.

" come on" he pleaded. I rolled my eyes and glanced at him from the corner of my eye.

" you already call me that ridiculous one so why another nickname" I said referring to ' honeybunny ' why the hell does he even call me that?

" so if I... no but I like honeybunny " he piped as he looked at me.

" you know I cant help but think of you as a five year old" I said with a laugh and he looked at me with a raised brow.

" five year old?" He inquired to which I replied with a nod. He let out a devilish laugh and grabbed my jaw  pulling my face towards his. I stepped on the brakes causing the car to stop.

My eyes were wide as I held contact with his whiskey grey ones. His mouth tugged at one end as his eyes shifted to my lips. My cheeks heated. His fingers felt like they were burning holes into my skin.

He let out a more playful laugh as he squeezed my cheeks tighter. " you look like that bunny from bambi" he laughed and I glared at him.

I pulled my face free and started the car again. " stupid idiot" I mumbled under my breath. " come on, you do " he continued laughing at me and I just kept a scowl on my face as we drove off to the Arcade.

I glanced at Hunter who sat quietly in the back. When I looked into the rear view mirror my eyes were locked with his. He gave me a dirty look and I gave him one back. I then once again rolled my eyes and looked at the road ahead. Jerk.