Chapter fifteen

When we got there Alex jumped out and ran around the parking lot screaming random things. I tilted my head as I watched him run around like a crazy person. I burst out laughing as I got my things out of the car.

I love that about him. That he's never afraid to have fun. Or express his weird side.

I glanced up and saw Hunter looking at Alex with a raised brow. " Alex!" He yelled and Alex stopped. " what the hell is wrong with you?!" Hunter shouted. " nothing my dear friend. " Alex replied patting Hunter on the shoulder with a smirk. Hunter pushed Alex's hand away and turned to me with his arms folded. " so what's the plan?" He asked. " let's see how good you are at mortal combat" I said with a smirk, giving him a challenging look as I tossed the bag at him. The sound of coins clanking against eachother caught the two's attention and braught music to my ears.

" what is in here?" Alex asked
" toucans" I replied.
" as in for the games?" Hunter asked and I nodded.
" wow how did you get that many?" Alex asked surprised. I shrugged and gave them a smug smile
" well employees get 20 toucans free everyday and if you work over time you get an extra 5" I said and they looked at me confused.
" how many are in here?" Hunter asked. " 900" I said and their jaws dropped.
" you worked whole summer for this?" They asked stunned and I nodded. " it was supposed to be for my sister and I but change of plans I guess" i I simply shrugging my shoulders.

I spun around walking to the door " are you not coming?" I asked turning my heard to see them. Hunter shook the bag with confusion still clear on his face whilst Alex looked at him. I playfully rolled my eyes at their behavior and just continued walking.

***

After beating all of them and still having 700 coins left. I laughed as they glared at me. Hunter looked as if he wanted to rip the game out and throw it somewhere. Alex looked at me and I could just see the lightbulb above his head. " winner buys food!" He declared. " no!! I did not agree to that!" I protested but my protest was unheard as he marched out with his hands behind his head.

I glanced over at Hunter and I swear I saw him smile for a second. He kept a straight face and walked slowly past me. He stopped and glanced at me then scoffed and left. Who does he think he is? Oh wait this is because he's a sore loser. That's it. I smirked as I followed but it dropped as I remembered my bank account. " shit" I mumbled and followed them.

When I found them they were in the line at a pizzeria. Oh . I thought, surprised. But I'm not complaining. I just thought that they would go to a expensive store that costed diamonds for a bread roll.

I walked in and the amazing aroma filled my nose. There were families sitting at tables and in booths talking and laughing. They looked so happy. I bumped into a wall and groaned. Wait walls aren't this soft and they dont smell like white musk. I lifted my hand and poked it. " it's so soft." I said and grabbed it with my hand.

A throat was cleared and I looked up and was met with striking green eyes. I narrowed my eyes. Why the hell is he looking at me like that? He raised a brow and my eyes widened as realization struck me. I looked down to my hand to see that I was groping his left pack. ( as Iris would say " man boob" ). I pulled my hand away as if it was a disease and gave him an embarrased smile. " sorry" I whispered. He rolled his eyes and turned around.

I stood there embarrassed and looked around awkwardly. My eyes then fell to my right hand. Why was it so soft though like it wasn't too soft but like damn. I wonder how toned his abs are. As that thought crossed my mind the memory of him at the pool shirtless when he saved me, left me red and heated as a smile formed slowly on my face. " Audrey what do you want?" Someone asked. " toned abs" I muttered but my eyes widened and I looked up.

The cashier was staring at me puzzled as well as the two boys infront of me.
I covered it with a laugh. " I- um-what was the question?" I asked and Alex looked at me then back at the cashier " can we just get cheese and pepperoni please" Alex said and gave his card. I rushed to my bag but he put his hand over mine. " it's okay I got it. Maybe you should worry on getting those abs" he said with a wink. With wide eyes I aggressively shook my head. " no thank you" I said.

***

After we were served Alex started a conversation. " so what do you prefer comedy or action" he asked " romcom" I said and they looked at me weirdly. " you're weird " he admitted. " nah, I'm limited addition " I said and Hunter rolled his eyes. How many times has he done that today. " you're not funny" he stated looking at me with a challenging glare. " that's okay because you look funny enough for both of us." I said giving him a sarcastic smile.

" so have you ever drank?" Alex asked " no and I'm not planning to anytime soon. My dad has like a million rules and no drinking is one of them. He says that we wont be able to handle it and I think he's right.-" I was cut off. " do you ever shut up" Hunter interrupted " no because God gave me a mouth to speak my mind" I said to him. " well then can I speak mine?" He asked and I gestured kindly for him to go ahead.

"Do you always grope men?" He asked " what kinda question is that?" I asked stunned." well you are one weird bitch I must say. You talk more than most , you have a staring problem according to Elijah , you grope people and you seem interested in certain body parts" he said and I looked at him confused " what do you mean body parts?" I asked and he looked at me with a cocked brow. " in the line we asked what you wanted and you said ' toned abs ' " he stated and I glared " my mind just happened to wonder there sometimes. Plus how do you know I wasn't just thinking that I should get toned abs? A-also all girls like them" I asked

Alex sat quietly eating his pizza as he watched the conversation between Hunter and I. He was being such a quiet 5 year old this whole time. Good boy.