chapter eight

" what the fudge do I wear?" I asked. " how about this" Alex said holding up my literal underwear. " pervert" I grunted grabbing it from his hands and continuing to rummage through my clothes. " I found something !" I yelled finding a dress. " I mean its not what I expected but its nice" Elijah commented. " I still prefer my option" Alex said in a matter of fact tone.

" but I still think it looks good" Alex said with a mouth full of food." Are you eating all my food?" I asked and he shook his head looking at my now empty snack basket.

" hey um you know when you said you'd give advice I think this is late enough" Elijah said and I looked at him and down at my clothes. " look sometimes a girl is afraid to make the first move and maybe just starting of with a 'hey' could get things going. After that you ask her how her day went. And so you slowly start texting more. You end up bumping into each other somewhere and talk for hours on end about I don't know random stuff. And at the end you just stare at each other longingly. You lean in and so does she, your faces are inches apart when-" I was cut off.

" you seem like an expert " Alex butted in. "No I just read books. "I said and we stood in a comfortable silence before I went to change." So you're telling me if I just say hey or hi she'll text back!?" Elijah asked " sort of but have a topic in mind that she'll find interesting. Don't talk about sex!" I warned him.

After changing I walked out. " if your trying to get every guys attention then by all means wear it" Elijah said wide eyed. " damn girl" Alex said. I blushed and walked to the vanity table. I then bent over to grab my earrings and some eye liner. " maybe don't bend over" Alex advised and I now realized that this dress was too short. With a tire some sigh I walked back to the closet to change.

We snuck to the pool hopefully unnoticed because Alex decide that he forgot how to whisper ,he shouted every word and every time we told him to shush he didn't listen.

Walking through the pool gates the fairy lights hanging above the gazebo caught my eye. The dazzling lights added to the bright sky above. " wow "I said watching the site before me. People were chatting all round and laughing enjoying each others company. It didn't seem like a party but more like a hang out.

"Audrey!" My name was called from behind. " Hunter " I said under my breath. He walked up to me with such grace as if straight out of a movie. He wore a leather jacket with grey swears and a black t-shirt. His hair was a slight mess as if he ran a hand through it a few times. But I prefer his hair when its wet though , he just looks hot.

A hand waved past my face and I flinched a bit. " I told you she had a staring problem." Elijah stated. " I need your help" Hunter said and shared a look with the two behind me. " I'm gonna go talk to the girls at the pool" Alex said and rushed to the pool. Elijah took his phone out " oh she's online I'm gonna text her bye Audrey " he said walking away leaving me, to stand before Hunter, alone.

My palms were sweaty as he stood before me. I became nervous not knowing what to say to make it less awkward. " let's go" he said and threw a bag at me. When I caught it it made some noise, like metal clanking together. " what is in here?" I asked curiosity to which he answered with a chuckle. " you're not going to kill me are you?" I asked with a slither of fear in my tone. " not anytime soon. Now come on let's take a walk." He said and walked out the pool gates with his hands in his pockets.

We walked down the path leading to the back of the main building. The moon was high in the clear dark blue sky. With stars of all sizes adding to the beauty. The trees swaying in the midnight breeze while the flowers were fast asleep awaiting the sun to wake them. A soft smile was brought to my face as I admired the marvelous sight.

A throat was cleared bring my attention away from the moon. " can we hurry this up?" He asked as if in a rush." Sorry" I apologized and continued walking. " it's just the sky looks amazing. The way it all blends together is ju-" he cut me off " amazing yadda yadda I get it" he said with anger or frustration behind his voice.

I kept my gaze to the ground while we walked. He stopped causing me to walk into him. " ow" I said rubbing my forehead " it didn't hurt stop whining" he said harshly and grabbed the bag. " you know it's either the girls are after you for money or your looks but it cant be your persona-" he cut me off once more " do you ever shut up!" He whisper yelled in anger.

I narrowed my eyes at him and he just scoffed. He roughly opened the bag and threw leather gloves at me. " take this" he said and when I opened my mouth to speak he just glared at me. " let's go" he commanded climbing the side of the wall. " oh no-" he did it again. " shut. up. and climb" he said through gritted teeth." I have a dress on" I squeaked out and he sighed. " I don't fucking care" he said with a forced smile which made me feel as if he wanted to strangle me. So I just did what he said.

When we got to the top we climbed through a window. The room was dark the only light coming through was the light of the moon but I could still see where things stood. Something about this room it was like I was here before. Once he switched on the light I finally saw what room we were in.