Aries

LIFE IS WAR, WAR IS LIFE
April 19-May 13
Voracious, relentless and self-indulgent, Aries like fast decisions, bloody battles and complete victory. Like the Spartan view of things, there is only victory, nothing else counts. To the victor, go the spoils.

This fire sign likes a good fight; and to get next to them, you have to like fighting, also. Fighting is a release of sexual energy to Aries, and can be the prelude or the end of intimacy.

THE ARIES CONSTELLATION

The constellation Aries has five stars with known planets and contains no Messier objects. There are several well known meteor showers connected to this constellation: the May Arietids, Autumn Arietids, Delta Arietids, Epsilon Arietids, Daytime-Arietids, and Aries-Triangulids. Hamal is the brightest star in the constellation Aries and the 48th brightest star in the night sky. It is a K-type orange giant about twice as massive as the Sun, with an apparent visual magnitude varying between 1.98 and 2.04. Between 2000 and 100 BC, Hamal was located at the vernal equinox, the point that marks the beginning of spring. The name Hamal means lamb and derives from the Arabic phrase rās al-ħamal, meaning "head of the ram."

ABUSING ARIES (if you dare)

"Aries turns women into men and men into monsters" (from the Book of Aries). Does that sound harsh? Aries are tools in the best sense of the word, pioneers, explorers, adventurers, buccaneers. Arians want and asked to be used, some for some noble purpose, others, out of sheer restlessness. For some, for every need, there is a greed.
Aries wants to be first at something; wants to be on top and wants the glory. It's so simple; Aries are like a hammer, designed for driving nails and not much else. Deng Ming-Dao's I Ching describes elemental fire:

"As a hand grabs for a snared bird,
So we snatch at the winged fire
We cage it in our forge and kiln
We use it in our hearth and stove
We may trap it
But we never tame it"

ARIES QUOTATIONS

"I was in my element now, fighting was the pulse beat of my heart and I loved it."
-Ruben Hurrican Carter, 5/6/1937

"If you can establish an atmosphere in which information doesn't mean anything, then there is no objective reality."
-Stephen Colbert, 5/13/1964

"Men's ideas are the most direct emanations of their material state."
-Karl Marx, 5/5/1818

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization."
-Sigmund Freud, 5/6/1856

"My weaknesses... I wish I could come up with something. I'd probably have the same pause if you asked me what my strengths are. Maybe they're the same thing."
-Al Pacino, 4/25/1940

"Whenever feeling has anything to do in the matter, no sooner is it excited than we have already gone vastly farther than we are aware of."
-Catherine the Great, 4/21/1729

"You know why I'm a multi-millionaire? 'Cause multi-millions like what I do."
-Michael Moore 4/23/1954

"Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless."
-Adoph Hitler, 4/20/1889