Virgo

With 45 days of the year to proliferate, Virgo IS the common man, or woman, since they would make up the largest Zodiacally oriented group of humans on Earth, by sheer numbers. So Virgo is everywhere, invisible, collectivized, bustling, the professional class; the proofreaders, the grifters, the cold-blooded critics. They have many faces. The preeminent Geisha, the master carpenter, the faithful companion, the blushing bride, the everyday intellegent service worker with a calming, rational gaze. There's a hint of fire in the eyes. One has to wonder what is going on behind her calm gaze, is there something deeper-the glimpse of a smile-maybe even a sneer? Is anger roiling like a sea of lava under her pacific exterior? It's hard to penetrate the virgin's veneer. Smoky, surreal Virgo is always taking shape, like a playful cloud in your coffee.

The only thing that really keeps a Virgo around is duty, secret lust-or is it joyful surrender? Boredom? When it comes to relationships, this is Virgo's weakest dimension, there's nothing but uncertainty. It's a thin line between love and hate-and Virgo can find themselves in that limbo. Virgos are often the soulmate for others no matter what they may have to say about it. They can never return the passion. The more their lovers or bosses or friends think they know about a Virgo, the more difficult it is for Virgo to escape their intimacy and expectations. Virgos want to keep their virginity intact; no one must ever posses them in this way. It's not only that Virgos have a hard time holding out for their own soulmate, it can be an almost futile task to find one for them, so grave are their doubts about giving themselves away. Serve they will, but be possessed? Tenuous at best. Every relationship a Virgo creates is a substitute for the kind of connection that can hurt a Virgo. So they settle for someone who holds a stronger opinion-who seems more steadfast and sure, something their souls can wrap around like a flagpole. The only thing that really keeps a Virgo around is duty-or is it joyful surrender?

Virgo's secret question: Do you really care for me? How much? Everyday

Virgo the Plasma of Revolution.

The Virgo is pure energy, waiting for the light. It is suddenly changeable. Virgo consists of inert, dark matter, or molecules looking to be catalyzed. In the black world of space, they can explode with color when sparked into action. The Virgo is a search for the agent of change, the enzyme, the electrical charge, the magic spell--to awaken the sleeping Virgin and put her to work. The Virgo is like a fluorescent light--dark hydrocarbons, cold, lifeless--and then you send in an electrical charge--a magnetic field, which makes Virgo and entire galaxies light up with a brilliant reaction.

Virgos require partnership--even though they come to hate its restrictions. The same devotion that turns their darkness to light, also enslaves them to the wheel. Balance is difficult to achieve. The Virgo is reactive, responsive--which makes this a female deity--but what the Virgo does is very masculine. They turn the ethereal into the concrete. They are the makers and doers, the shakers and bakers, the drivers and strivers.

They are critics, craftsmen and creative. They posses what Engels called the "endless ingenuity of the working class". The adapt to the material conditions of their day--and makes the changes in their material world. But they don;'t do it for themselves--they do it for others.

The Virgo is part of the largest demographic of signs, with 46 days to reproduce, they are the most populous sign, the proletariat, the masses. They are the clay that revolutionaries, priests and fanatics need to complete their tasks. The Virgo needs to be kneaded--they need to give themselves, body and soul, to their electric master, the invisible charge that wakes them up like turning on the xmas tree lights on the tree.

Th Universe is made up of plasma--Virgo's humor is this volatile gas--and only when galaxies collide, do they light up the cosmos like the abstract art of a maniac science.

This is also, in microcosm, your stomach. Every gut is the bacterial universe of the human body. The digestive tract is a system waiting to be used--waiting to function. This is the Way of the Virgo. Inert until illumination. Acid until Alkalinity. The Virgo is on the cutting edge of adaption--the cutting edge of revolution. Thus she earns the name of Virgin--one with an ever-recurring ability to remake themselves.

Virgo is what he or she eats--but, more importantly, how she digests what she eats. Virgos mistakenly try many types of diets which all fail--if the underlying stomach isn't able to absorb the nutrients and remove the toxins.

But the way is pure and clean--the way to the stomach is to release the hounds, to supply it with the necessary workers to run the factory--the bacteria, the precious working class that toiled day and night to digest the foods you eat. If Toyota wants to produce the perfect car from its factories, your stomach and bowels' only purpose in life is to produce the perfect shit.

The Virgo can tell everything from the bowel movement. This is the quality control for the stomach. The difference of one bacteria dominating the stomach over another can make a tsunami of difference to the Virgo, or anyone, for that matter. The bacteria are the difference between life and death, and YOU are the owner and manager of the entire industry.

The Virgo seeks purity--the perfect shit, the perfect skin, the perfect smell. Unlike her spawn,. Libra, she seeks perfection in herself before she judges others. Unlike other mutable signs, hypocrisy is physically painful for the Virgo. The abide by the simple ethic of honesty--unless they are at war.

War is the most difficult part of the Virgo life, and the most transformative. No Virgo wants to go to war, but, once liberation or self-preservation is the issue, she will make the sacrifices, take the stand, fight to the end.