C h a p t e r 1

Act I - With the Demon Slayers

Life was passing before Yumeko's eyes.

Her life had not been quite a happy one. Dying at 7 years old was no delight to one's eyes but Yumeko was relieved that she would be able to leave this cursed world for good.

She sighed in relief and closed her eyes, not knowing what was happening in the forest.

.

.

.

"YOU KILLED HER!" Uraraka Ochako screamed at Katusuki Bakugo's face.

"I DID NOT!!" He refused to believe that she was dead because of him.

"YESTERDAY SHOTO ASKED IF SHE WAS STAYING AT ANY OF OUR HOUSES AND WE ALL RESPONDED NO! WHAT OTHER ANSWER COULD THERE BE?!" Uraraka was ranting on and on, having Kyoka Jirou holding her back. 

"Bakugo, according to logic and facts, there couldn't be another conclusion. You killed her." Momo Yaoyorozu spoke, tears threatening to fall.

"...Bakugo. Why...Did...You...Kill my sister..." Shoto Todoroki's voice, sounding calm but pissed off spoke.

"Tch, as if you could say anything. You bullied her too." 

"I-I regret...what I did..." Izuku Midoriya added quietly.

"We all agreed that we would bully her to show her that having quirks isn't all fun and games," Shoto responded.

Oh god, why did she have to be born like this?

.

.

.

.

"Muichiro!! Fetch some water!!"

"Yuichiro!! Get some bandages!!"

A mother of 2 children was trying to save a girl's life.

"Okaasan!! I brought the water!!" Muichiro said rushing into the room.

"Here my sweet, drink up, you'll be feeling better in no time..." 

Yumeko P.O.V

'Warm...Is this what heaven feels like?'

She furrowed her eyebrows. She couldn't have gone to heaven. She was a disgrace to the family after all.

The girl fluttered her eyes open and was faced with 2 twins, one with quite a bored expression and another with eyes filled with worry.

"Okaasan!! She's awake!!" One of them yelled.

"Hello!!" The mother said as she knelt down to greet the girl.

"...H-Hello..." Yumeko said timidly.

And from that day on, Yumeko became a Tokito.

.

Life with the Tokitos' has been truly a blessing for Yumeko. After staying for 3 years with them her relationship and bonds grew and so did her happiness. She played and talked with Muichiro and Yuichiro as if they were her own brothers. She helped her 'mother' cook, she laughed with her 'father'. But of course, every happy moment has to come to an end.

"Okaasan!!" Yumeko cried, "Stay with us!! Otosan went to go get herbs!!"

All your fault

"Please!!" She begged.

You bring nothing but...

No heartbeat.

MISFORTUNE

'The trees look pretty when they're green...' Yumeko thought as her eyes drifted to the trees, going home from fetching 2 buckets of water Yumeko sighed. 

"Excuse me!!" A woman's voice called.

Jerked back from her hazy thoughts Yumeko looked at the woman who called out her name.

"Yes?" 

"Do you know where the Tokito's residence is?"

"Yes, please follow me, mam." Yumeko bowed, trying hard not to tip over the water.

The tiny house came into view with Muichiro and Yuichiro coming back with logs on their back.

"Mui-nii!! Yui-nii!! I- This kind woman has been asking our audience." Yumeko said smiling.

"Hmph. Fine. Bring her inside." Yuichrio puffed.

After the lady, whose name was Amane Ubuyashiki Muichiro's eyes sparkled with excitement. 

"Did you hear?? We're descendants of a powerful swordsman!! We can help others-"

CHOP

"SHUT UP!!"

Yumeko flinched at her twin brother's sudden outburst.

"You're wrong!! Dad always says that helping others always-" She started.

"HELPING PEOPLE DOESN'T BENNEFIT YOURSELF!! IF FATHER HADN'T GONE OUT IN THE STORM WE WOULDN'T HAVE LOST BOTH OUR PARENTS!!"

"Yui-nii, that's harsh..."

"I'm just saying the truth." Their twin scowled.

"I-"

Yuichiro wasn't done talking, "The 'Mu' in Muichiro is meaningless, and the 'Yume' in Yumeko, what good is dreaming when you wake up to the harsh reality of this world?!"

From that day on Amane-san kept on coming to their house. Yukito chased her away every single time. Until...

"GO! NOW!" Yuichiro yelled.

"Yui-nii!!" Yumeko exclaimed.

.

.

.

.

.

I'm so sorry it isn't the exact words. I'm trying my best to remember what happened in that scene.

Updates will be slow!!