C h a p t e r 9

"Just as you've all reported, the demon appearances have increased more than ever." Oyakata-sama explained to the 10 Pillars. "Meaning that the threat to human life is greater than it's ever been. We must bolster up the ranks of the Demon Slayer. What do you all think?"

"The incident on Mt. Natagumo made it very clear. The caliber of Demon Slayers has dropped tremendously. Most of them are useless. The trainers must be blind." Shinazugawa grumbled.

"You'd think they can at least tell if someone's contempt or not." The Snake Pillar added.

"Well, that kid today seemed quite contempt." The man decked in jewelry looked at The Wind Pillar. "He did land that flamboyant blow on you, Shinazugawa, he's got potential."

The Wind Pillar scoffed.

"The more human population increases...the harder it becomes to control and unify them. Not to mention that the times have changed considerably in this era." Shinobu bowed her head.

"Other than those who've had their loved ones brutally killed, and joined the corps" Tears streamed down Gyomei's face. "or those distinguished pedigree who have hunted demons for generations, to ask anyone to harass as much or even greater resolve and drive to produce results would be cruel."

"Still, considering that boy ran into a 12 Kizuki so soon after joining the corps," Rengoku clenched his hand into a fist, "He may have the power to draw them!! Even we rarely get the chance to confront one!! It makes me envious"

"Agreed." Oyakata-sama spoke up. "But the fact that Lower 5 made such a drastic move probably means that Muzan is nowhere near Mt. Natagumo. After all, as in the case of Asakusa, whenever Muzan wishes to hide something, he creates a clever diversion to throw us off. It's really quite frustrating." The Master lowered his head. before raising it again once more. "But those demons are still freely devouring humans, gaining strength and surviving. For the sake of those who have died, there is only one thing for us to do. I believe that with you who are present today, the Corps Hashira, I've assembled the finest unit..." Oyakata-sama looked at the group of Slayers. "Since the first breathing swordsmen in the Feudal Era."

"Uzui Tengen." Sound Hashira

"Rengoku Kyojuro." Flame Hashira

"Kocho Shinobu." Insect Hashira

"Kanroji Mitsuri." Love Hashira

"Tokito Muichiro." Mist Hashira

"Tokito Yumeko." Mist Hashira

"Himejima Gyomei." Stone Hashira

"Shinazugawa Sanemi." Wind Hashira

"Tomioka Giyuu." Water Hashira

"My children," The Master smiled, "I look forward to your success."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

4 days later, 2 knocks were heard at the Butterfly Mansion's door. 

"Ara~ Ara~ Are one of you injured? Tokito-chan, Tokito-kun."

The two shook their heads.

"We were wondering, since our mansion is now under construction, can we use your training grounds today and probably tomorrow, and also stay the night here?" Muichiro asked.