Chapter Eight

At the end of hanging out, Rory called Lorelai to pick her up. I text my mom to come grab me before Lorelai shows up, smiling softly to Rory when she asked if I needed a ride.

"Don't worry, Rory. My mom is almost here, do you need me to wait for your mother to show up?" Please don't say yes.

"I'll be okay," Thank the heavens. "She'll be here shortly after your mom gets here."

A few minutes go by and my mom pulls up, and without consulting my brain, my mouth opens, "Do you want to meet her?"

She nods quickly as we both head over to the parked vehicle. "Hi mom," I greet, opening the car door, "this is Rory, she's the new student at Chilton."

Mom wipes the brief shocked look off her face before smiling brightly at Rory, "It's wonderful to meet you, Rory. I take it we'll be seeing you more often now that you're friends with Alice."

Rory meets my eyes before locking back onto my mom, "Of course. It was a pleasure meeting you, Ms. Hayden."

"You as well, Rory." Mom answers politely, not correcting Rory calling her "Ms." instead of "Mrs."

"I'll see you in school tomorrow, Rory." She nods, smiling as I close the door and we drive away.

"So."

"Mom, please don't be mad."

She laughs lightly, correcting me, "I'm not mad. You should hang out with your sister, but did you tell her who you are?"

"No," I say, neither of us missing how sad I actually sound.

"I'm sure now that you're friends, her mother will finally tell her," she speaks, holding my hand in one of hers, "We can't do anything but wait for right now, it's up to her mom to come clean."

I nod and we listen to the soft music during our drive home, not commenting anymore on what is considered the "Gilmore situation." Once we're home, we have our usual family dinner and both mom and I catch dad up on how hanging with Rory went. 

Christopher's POV:

"She needs to tell her," I rant, "if she doesn't, I'll drive down to Stars Hollow myself and tell her everything."

"Chris," my beautiful wife calms, wrapping her arms around me, "we have to be patient."

I'm thankful that Alice is already in bed while we're talking about this. I hug her tightly, my chin sitting gently on her head.

"I know, Lizzie." I sigh, unwrapping myself to grab water from the kitchen. She follows me, not saying a word. She's waiting for me to continue, never pressuring me to talk more which is part of the many reasons I love her.

"I should call her," I start, "tell her that she's making a mistake by holding onto this secret. It's hurting more than just Rory."

"Honey," Lizzie starts, making me look up from the glass, "You can't go telling another parent that they're making a mistake with their kid."

I start to argue about how Rory is also my child, "And you have a secret you've kept hidden from both of them. I understand that it's a different situation, but we've kept the fact that you're married and in Hartford from them for years."

"You're right," I reach out to grab her hand, tracing small circles onto the back of it. "I should never have hidden you away from them."

"I'm not upset that you did," she reminds, walking around the kitchen island to place a small kiss on my cheek.

I finish my drink before turning and pulling her in by her waist. "Lizzie, my gorgeous wife, have I told you how much I love you?"

She smiles coyly, moving closer to where our noses brush, "I don't believe you have, Mr. Hayden. Care to share how much that is?"

I lean closer, our lips mere centimeters apart before whispering, "I love you with every breath I have, Mrs. Hayden."

"Good," she whispers back, closing the gap. Ending our night on a much happier note than before. I have got to be one of the happiest men alive

A.N.// Short and sweet to tie in with Rory officially meeting Mrs. Hayden! The question is should I write what happened in the Gilmore household when Lorelai found out about Alice and Rory becoming friends??