(Mini) Chapter Thirteen

"Alice!" Rory screams, running across the parking lot, dodging other students with her focus on where I stand with the girls.

"Good morning to you too, Rory," I giggle, "you okay over there?"

She nods, catching her breath quickly before speaking, "I need to tell you something." A quick glance at the group and everyone gets the hint that she wants to speak alone. 

My first thought is that she's put everything together, finally, about who we are to each other. She grabs my arm, partially dragging me to the cement bench in front of the school. The next words out of her mouth shatter the slight hope that she had figured it out. 

"I got kissed!" She's a blushing mess, I'm inclined to think it's Tristan who has done this but he would have consulted me about kissing my twin sister. 

"You got kissed?"

"Yes, at the market in Stars Hollow."

"Okay?" I question, "Not the most romantic spot mystery boy could have chosen to kiss you."

"Mystery boy?" She wonders aloud before the lightbulb clicks on, "Oh, I haven't told you much about him since lunch earlier this week."

"Oh! Small town pretty boy!" I remember the conversation before Tristan had interrupted us. It feels like a million years since that conversation. 

"Dean," She reminds me of his name, "He kissed me."

"That's great! When?"

"Two days ago, before my dad showed up for dinner," she mentions, the brief mention of dad freezes me and I shake out of my thoughts before she notices, "in the market, like I said before. He had me pick between two sodas behind his back, and then when I picked one, he leaned forward and kissed me. You listening, Ali?"

"I'm with you, Rory. Kissed at the market in your town while playing a little game he created. You're really excited to be kissed. Is this your first kiss, Rory?"

The silence followed by the bright red blush across her face answers all my questions about her excitement.

"Aww, Rory," I lean forward to pinch her cheeks to tease her, "That's adorable. Was it at least a good kiss?"

"I think so," she mumbles, the blush showing no sign of leaving. 

"Class is going to start soon," I say, grabbing my bag from the ground, "Do you want to go to the coffee shop after school to talk more about mystery boy?"

She follows my actions, grabbing her own bright orange bag, "I'd love to, but I need to meet with my mom before dinner tonight. Could we meet tomorrow? Either here or I can show you around Stars Hollow?"

Without thinking, my mouth opens and out come the words, "A chance to see mystery boy in person as we gossip about him, count me in." 

I realize what I've said, my eyes widen that I'm going to enter the lion's den tomorrow and fully expect to see Lorelai in the flesh. 

Rory eyes my frozen form and to distract her from the questions she, without a doubt, are coming up with, I continue, "What time should we meet?"

She lifts an eyebrow, shaking her head before responding, "Around lunch? We can get lunch at Luke's. It's not as fancy as the places around Hartford, but I promise the food tastes as good or better."

"I'll trust you," I say, linking our arms as we head to our lockers, "just don't make me regret it."

"I would never," she laughs, her hand flying to the spot above her heart, "Scouts honor."

I laugh, entering our only class together, "Were you ever a girl scout?"

"No, but I do support their cookie sales." The laughter between us spreads to our friends who hear the tail end of our conversation. We settle down just as Mr. Medina steps into the room, casting glances at each other and attempting to not burst into laughter once again. 

A.N.// Just a mini chapter while I work on a fun Friday Night Dinner in different households. Also, only two chapters between the beautiful friendship that's begun with our girls and what could be the end of everything. 

Ready for Rory to see her mother for who she truly is? (In this book at least, otherwise I don't totally hate Lorelai.)

Also thank you guys so much for all the love and support. I appreciate y'all reading, voting, and commenting on my little work of fiction. Thank you!