Chapter Eleven

Two days later I find myself seated across from Tristan after school at Electric Brew.

"So," I begin, taking a sip of my hot chocolate, "ready to tell me what's been bothering you?"

"No." He smirks, drinking his beverage.

So this is the game he wants to play. Let the games begin.  

"You're playing a game you're going to lose. Might as well admit what's going on." 

"You first."

"Dad's telling Lorelai and Rory that Mom exists and he's been married for years right now in Stars Hollow."

His jaw goes slack as he absorbs the new information, I smirk before adding, "Your turn." 

"My news is less interesting than that by a lot."

"Still your turn."

"I like a girl but I'm worried that I'm not enough."

The last part of his sentence makes me freeze as I go to drink my hot chocolate. I set the cup down gently before glaring harshly at my best friend seated across from me, "I'm sorry, I must have misheard you. Try again."

"I don't think I'm enough for this girl. And I've tried to get over her and it's not happening any time soon."

"First of all, you stupid idiot. You're more than enough for any girl. Any girl would be lucky to date you. And I mean date you seriously, not whatever hook-up dates you usually do. You're an absolute catch."

Tristan smiles softly at the kind words, probably not expecting me to reassure him that he's not what the rumors say he is, which is anything but kind and honest. 

"Second, it's Rory. Isn't it?"

That smile that was previously etched onto his face has disappeared. Not a trace of it as his face turns a light shade of pink and he makes eye contact with the table instead of me.

"Don't feel the need to confirm the answer," I say, the smirk not leaving my face as I analyze the blushing boy in front of me.

"How do I convince her that I genuinely like her and I'm not being a playboy?" He asks, finally looking up to make eye contact. 

"You can't change her mind overnight," I tell him truthfully, his reputation is rather potent in the circle gossip mill, "just show her what a great friend you can be so she can get to know the Tristan the group loves and cares for. That's all."

"Won't she just put me in the friend zone then?" He pouts, his voice sounding a little more exasperated at this idea,  "How does that help me?"

"If you want her to actually take your interest seriously, you need to build credibility in who you are outside of your playboy persona. It's going to be harder for her to trust you with her heart if she thinks you just date any girl."

He nods thinking over the information, I can see that some of it is making its way through his thick skull. 

"Do you trust me?"

"Of course, Ali."

"Then do it," I finish my drink in front of me before continuing, "If you're meant to date her, it'll happen naturally. Don't force it and be her friend first."

"Fine," he responds after several minutes, "I'll trust you."

During this time, my mind is thankfully distracted from the impending dumpster fire that may be happening in Stars Hollow due to my Dad's news to the Gilmore women. 

A.N// Got to love work being chaos. Here's a mini-chapter between Tristan and Alice while I work on the long chapter about the catastrophic reaction from our dear Lorelai and the concept of not having the world revolve around you.