Chapter Twelve

A.N. // I know that technically Rory's birthday episode is way before the episode where Christopher rolls into town. That visit is not happening like the show, I have a different approach to that that will kind of reveal Lorelai's actual personality to Luke (because Luke deserves someone who makes him a first choice!). I'm totally mixing up the TV show timeline to fit how Alice and her family fit into Rory's life! Please enjoy :)

Christopher's POV: 

"Honey, are you absolutely sure you want to go through with this?" Lizzie asks, walking into our bedroom. 

"Absolutely," I stop what I'm doing by the closet and walk to Lizzie in front of the bed. Guiding her to sit down, I kneel to grab both her hands. I rub circle patterns with my thumbs before speaking, "Rory deserves to know she has a wonderful maternal figure here and that I'm much closer to her than she thought. She deserves the same opportunity that Alice has to have a relationship with both of us."

"I know, Chris," she sighs, relaxing slightly, "It's Lorelai I'm worried about. She isn't going to take this well and we both know it. Alice knows this won't end well with Lorelai. I don't want this to overshadow their sixteenth birthday party coming up." 

"I won't let it, Lizzie. I only want the girls to be happy and loved. Telling Rory will make this easier to accomplish with both of them."

"Okay, I trust your judgment here, Chris." Lizzie moves her hands to intertwine our fingers, "I love you, my dear."

"With all of my heart and soul, beautiful." 

"Now go, you have to meet Lorelai and Rory in Stars Hollow," she says, pushing lightly against my chest to get me to move from our spot in front of the bed. 

"Yes, meet them there," I smile, standing up and pulling her up with me. 

"They do know you're visiting them," Lizzie begins to ask, making eye contact to see if I'll lie to her, "Right, Christopher?"

I look down, knowing I've been caught for not warning anyone that I was dropping into their town. "No, Lizzie. I didn't want to give Lorelai the chance to do anything."

After a few minutes, I get a nod of acknowledgment of my concerns. I know that I'm being slightly ridiculous in thinking Lorelai would do anything more to mess with the relationship with Rory. 

Lizzie walks me down to the front steps, giving me a kiss and more encouraging words to be safe and reminders that Rory will not be angry with me. If I don't go today and tell them about Lizzie, Richard is likely to mention it tomorrow at their usual Friday night dinner. With the reminder and my wife's encouraging words still ringing in my ears, I climb onto my bike with Stars Hollow as my destination. 

---- a decent bike ride later ---

I see the girls standing outside what seems to be the town market, just to show off to my daughter I rev the engine a bit before heading to their location. 

Removing my helmet, I noticed Rory's eyes light up as she runs into my arms screaming "Dad!" 

"Hey, kid," I respond, lifting her into my arms to spin slightly. 

After she releases from the hug, I get the first question from my youngest, "This is great! What are you doing here?"

I smile down at her before making eye contact with Lorelai, "I'm here to see you. And your mom, who's not saying anything about as loud as a person can." She's clearly not happy to see me here.