Therapy

It happens when she gets out after her weekly therapy appointment one day. Chaewon is feeling exhausted both mentally and physically: therapy usually leaves her feeling like this. That day she just feels it a little more intensely, the ache of her bones and the mental tiredness being almost unbearably prominent. It's nothing she hasn't felt before, though, so the girl tells herself to suck it up. She leaves the building and looks around with confusion evident on her face as she can't seem to see her manager or his car. The confusion gets even bigger when she spots a different familiar face instead.

Yunjin is walking towards her, a face expression that Chaewon might even describe as nervous on her face. "Yunjin-ah?" She asks, as if to make sure, and Yunjin simply takes the last few steps needed before she's standing right in front of her leader. "Hi, unnie. How was therapy today?" Yunjin asks this like it's a normal occurrence for her to pick her up after a therapy session. (Spoiler alert: it's not. Chaewon is left feeling bewildered and confused at the sudden change in routine and the way the other girl is acting like this is a usual thing for them.)

Chaewon tells herself that it's the reason why she doesn't answer the younger girl's question (not because she doesn't really know how to give an answer to such a simple question, of course not) and asks her a question of her own instead. "What are you doing here?" She didn't mean for her voice to come out as sharp and almost accusing the way it did and she immediately feels sorry as she sees the way Yunjin's expression sours. "Where is manager oppa?" She adds in a more gentle tone to soften the blow. "I told him that we wanted to meet up after you're done with therapy so he left already" When Chaewon doesn't reply anything to that Yunjin adds "He asked if we needed him to drive us but I declined. We can take a walk, right?"

"Why are you doing this?" Chaewon is aware of how rude she's sounding right now but she's too mentally exhausted to filter any of her emotions and nothing comes out sounding the way she meant for it to sound like – she just hopes that her member knows that as well and forgives her for behaving like this. Yunjin's eyebrows scrunch up into something disapproving before she lightly touches Chaewon's shoulder. She pulls the shorter girl in for a hug (which is a gesture that takes Chaewon by surprise) and pats her back soothingly before answering the question that Chaewon asked and almost forgot about already.

It's easy to forget about everything else when she's so close to the girl she loves, especially when they're having skin contact: it's a little ridiculous, actually, the way it feels like each inch of her skin burns as soon as Yunjin touches it. The burning isn't a bad feeling though: it's a burn Chaewon wants to chase after, a feeling that the girl is addicted to. Chaewon would do anything to stay in this position forever, she'd commit countless crimes if that meant that she could be held by Yunjin's comforting body forever. Nice things never last long though, at least not for Chaewon, so it feels like not nearly enough time has passed when Yujin pulls apart from the hug again.

"Chaewonnie...Unnie, don't you think we should talk?" Chaewon sees the confusion and hurt in Yunjin's eyes and can't bear to look at them any longer: instead she looks down to her feet and watches their shadows. She can apologize for not really contacting Yunjin throughout her hiatus, assuming that this is what Yunjin wants to talk about, but she can never explain why she avoided staying in contact with the other girl. Not without confessing her pathetic feelings, at least, and hell knows she won't be doing that any time soon. She's not trying to get her heart broken, thank you very much.

"Can we talk about it a bit later?" Chaewon looks at Yunjin's face again and sees the disbelievement on it (paired with disappointment that Chaewon never wants to be the reason of) so she's quick to add "I mean today...just, maybe after we walk for a bit?" She makes it sound like a suggestion rather than an outright question and the taller girl considers this for a moment before nodding. "Alright" She says and takes Chaewon's hand in hers as she starts walking.