Healing

The two girls are lying in Yunjin's bed and Chaewon is clinging to her girlfriend, which the girl in question doesn't mind at all. She enjoys it, even, and Chaewon doesn't feel uncertain about that anymore. They're just enjoying each other's company as Yunjin scrolls through her phone when suddenly the younger girl lets out a gasp. "Baby, it's out now!" She says excitedly, her face lighting up with what seems to be pure happiness (she's extremely cute like this, Chaewon notes, but that's not the point right now).

"What is?" Chaewon looks up to her lover's face and sees the girl smiling. "Look!" The taller girl's phone gets shoved in Chaewon's face and its way too close for her to be able to actually see what she's being shown so she takes the phone in her hands with an amused sound and looks at an article Yunjin has shown on her display. It's a statement from their company, Chaewon realizes.

" Le sserafim's leader Kim Chaewon to resume activities after temporary hiatus"

She reads it once, before she reads it twice, then a third time before the words actually start making sense in her head. Of course Chaewon knew that an article similar to that would come out eventually (sometime soon she was told, whenever that was supposed to be) but seeing it actually happening is completely different from being told that it would happen. Seeing it be confirmed by the company and for the whole world to see makes it so much more real.

Chaewon looks over to Yunjin and finds her girlfriend already looking at her, a beautiful smile on her face. The leader is so in love with her that she feels like she could write a thousand love songs about her and even that wouldn't nearly be enough to put her feelings into words. She's sure that she wouldn't have gotten that far without her - no, wait, she's not as self deprecating as she used to be: she would've made it on her own, sure, but her girlfriend has undoubtedly helped her speed up the process and made it much easier.

She pulls Yunjin in by the nape and kisses her, deep and slow. If the taller girl is surprised by the sudden sensual action she doesn't let it show, one hand on Chaewon's waist as she kisses her back like she's made for kissing Chaewon. Maybe she is: Chaewon certainly feels like she's made for kissing Yunjin. The kiss starts to get more open mouthed, more needy and sensual, but it's perfect like this and they wouldn't have it another way. Yunjin lets out a sound akin to a moan as their kiss starts to get more heated and Chaewon tries her hardest to be normal about it but she fails - how could she possibly be normal about this when her girlfriend is so unfairly hot? If it was up to the leader she'd never stop kissing her girlfriend, she'd not care about either of their responsibilities and simply enjoy her lover's lips on hers until the end of her life. Chaewon is never going to get tired of kissing her girlfriend like this, she's sure of it.

Another thing she's sure of is that she'll undoubtedly be extremely emotional the next time she's on stage. It's been so long and she has missed performing so much that it feels like a part of her is missing but she now has reassurance that she'll be back on stage sooner rather than later.

She'll be 'Le sserafim's Chaewon' soon again which is a title she's proud to have - and she might never be 'Iz*one's Kim Chaewon' again but she's slowly learning how to be okay with it - but most importantly she has finally found the motivation to find Kim Chaewon; she has found the motivation and desire to find who she is as a person without a group or the title of an idol being the only thing (as well as being the main thing) defining her.