The Confession

Chaewon is listening to a Spotify playlist she put together a couple of months ago and hasn't listened to fully since, when her mother suddenly opens her door. "You have a guest" She tells her simply before leaving, leaving the door open. Chaewon's face morphs into one of confusion as she's pretty sure that she doesn't expect any visitors. A delusional part of her brain thinks back to the conversation she had with Yunjin when they called the night before ( 'Would you want to see me?' 'You know it's not that easy' 'But would you want to?' ) but she pushes the thought away immediately, feeling pathetic for even thinking that it would be Yunjin coming all the way to her parents' house to see her.

But then.

But then.

She lets her limbs drag her out of bed and go down to the living room where Yunjin is standing, having a conversation with Chaewon's mother like this is a normal Tuesday for her. A part of Chaewon wonders if she's seeing things: has she started missing the other girl so much that she has started hallucinating seeing her? However, when she closes her eyes, opens them and still sees Yunjin talk to her mother like they're best friends, realization starts to come over Chaewon. Yunjin really is here. In her parents' living room. Talking to her mother.

When Yunjin asked Chaewon if she wanted to see her, the leader didn't expect her to take her answer so seriously. She didn't even think about the possibility of the younger girl actually coming by to visit and even if she would've she certainly wouldn't have expected it to be almost immediately after their call.

"Chaewon-ah, why are you just standing there? You're being rude to your guest!" Her mother breaks whatever spell Chaewon has been under and the girl awkwardly makes her way to the two. "Baby" Yunjin says instead of a greeting and hugs her tightly as if they've been apart for years. Chaewon would be scandalized about the usage of a pet name right in front of her mother but all she can do is to soak in the feeling of Yunjin's body pressed against her own. She takes in the scent of Yunjin's perfume and the familiar arms around her and fights off the tears threatening to escape her eyes. "Hi" She says softly when they part, smiling at her member brightly even as her similarly bright eyes shimmer with unshed tears.

"You guys can reunite properly once we're done with eating, alright? Yunjin-ah, you must be starving, aren't you? Let me set the table" Her mother breaks the moment of staring between the two girls and Chaewon could swear she hears her mother mumble "young love" as she makes her way to the kitchen.

"You know, when I said that I wanted to see you I didn't expect it to be this soon" Chaewon tries to sound casual and Yunjin shrugs. "I missed you" Yunjin says like it's an explanation, apparently not minding that the other girl's mother just witnessed all that. Chaewon is about to have a heart attack, she's pretty sure, as soon as she processes the words that escape the other girl's mouth. "Me too" She admits easily even if shyly, only hesitating for a moment before she kisses Yunjin's cheek. Apparently that was the right thing to do, seeing as the girl breaks out into a wide smile.

Dinner is pretty uneventful, her mother surprisingly only asking a few mildly embarrassing questions before they're done and go over to Chaewon's room. "So this is your childhood room?" Yunjin inspects every corner of Chaewon's room with interest obvious on her face. When she has seen enough she lets herself plop on the bed, laughing as it creaks a little under the sudden weight. Chaewon is quick to join her — both in laughing and getting on the bed, lying down next to her.

"Not that I don't appreciate you being here but...why are you here? Did you think I couldn't handle being on my own after you saw...or rather heard me panicking last night?" Chaewon looks at Yunjin's side profile until the other girl turns her head to face her directly. Neither of them mention the blush on Chaewon's face at being caught staring. "Like I said, I missed you. It feels so weird without you"