Last Talk

When Chaewon has her therapy session the week after that her therapist asks her if she talked about it with 'that person'. Chaewon is all too happy to tell her how it went, not even noticing how enthusiastic she sounds and how much she's smiling until her therapist points it out. She gets a little shy at that, her ears turning a light shade of red. There's no need to be embarrassed about being happy though so Chaewon tries not to get too shy about it.

The therapy session goes as smoothly as possible and the girl feels much more relaxed and comfortable with actually talking in her sessions. Nothing is out of the ordinary until it's almost time to end that day's session.

"Oh, and I almost forgot to mention something" Her therapist starts and Chaewon just looks at her with confusion and a bit of curiosity visible on her face. "The next time we'll see each other won't be in a week" She finally says which makes the leader let out a small confused sound.

It's a little unusual but Chaewon assumes that something must have come up and doesn't think too much about it - that is, until the therapist continues speaking.

"Your company got in contact with me and requested to turn the weekly appointments into monthly ones because you'll be too busy now to have time for therapy once a week. You've improved a lot since you first started coming to therapy so I figured that it would be okay"

Chaewon simply sits there in silence and blinks, the information taking her by surprise.

"Okay" She finally says and they exchange goodbyes before Chaewon leaves the building and waits for her manager to arrive.

It's only then that she properly takes in the words her therapist said and lets out a quiet and confused "What?" that is only for her to hear.

Why would she suddenly be too busy for therapy now?

It reminds her a little of her old company when she was in her former group: when they made her stop going to therapy to focus solely on her idol career, to be specific. But this can't really be comparable given the fact that she's on hiatus, right? Why would her company say she'd be busy when she's supposed to be resting and getting better?

Before she could think about it much longer her manager arrives and she gets into the car. It seems like her manager wants to make her even more confused because he says "We'll drop by your parents' place first so that you'll be able to pack your things"

"Why would I pack my things?" Chaewon asks with confusion clear in her voice.

"Because you're moving back to the dorms" He says with a shrug and then he starts driving. Chaewon is so dumbfounded that she stays completely quiet throughout the whole ride.

Her mother opens the door for her with a small smile on her face. Her face expression hints at several emotions: sad, yet still relieved, a little proud; something bittersweet, Chaewon thinks. "I was ready to pack your things for you but I didn't want to be overbearing" The woman explains as she lets her daughter in.

Chaewon feels a little frustrated as it seems like everyone knows about this situation except for her. It's eerily similar to how the media found out about her hiatus before her family did, although this time it's herself that's left in the dark.

"You know about it too, mom? Why didn't you tell me?" She decides to ask, hoping that her mom isn't able to hear any hurt in her voice. Suddenly a figure appears behind her that turns out to be Chaewon's dad - and almost gives her a heart attack because of how unexpected and sudden that was - and he answers instead of his wife. "Your agency called us not long ago, we didn't know it until just now either"

"Oh" Chaewon nods then and excuses herself to go and pack her things. She didn't take that much of her stuff with her which is why it doesn't take long for her to be done and take her bag with her.

She hugs her mom and dad and tries not to feel too awkward while they're saying goodbye. Chaewon's mom looks like she might burst into tears any moment while her dad looks expressionless, simply patting her back once more and telling her that she'll be fine. She will be, she knows this, and yet it's good to hear it from him.

"Manager oppa is waiting for me" Chaewon says after her mom pulls her in for another hug and lets the tears flow. That finally gets her to let go of her daughter although it's followed by a "Wait a moment!" as she takes fast steps to the kitchen. She returns with a tupperware with homemade cookies in it. "Give them to your girls, alright? And don't forget to eat all your meals and take vitamin supplements"

Chaewon just nods as her mom continues nagging her about her health and flashes her a smile when she's done, thanking her and taking the tupperware as she says her goodbyes once more and finally leaves. Her manager looks up from his phone, asking if she has everything once she's sitting inside and then he starts driving when she confirms that she has.

When she arrives at the dorm she finds all four of her members waiting for her and she'd wonder if they somehow started living all together in this dorm because of how often she's seen all of them in here the past couple months but it's the fact that she knows they're here to welcome her back that stops her from voicing her question.

"I have cookies with me" Is the first thing she says when she enters the dorm and she's met with cheers in response.