Light and Dark

Not everything is sunshine and rainbows after Chaewon comes back from hiatus and although the girl has expected it she truly learns this the hard way.

It has only been a couple weeks since the end of Chaewon's hiatus was announced when the group has an overseas schedule. The leader is not thrilled about the long flight and knows how exhausting it will be but another part of herself has missed the feeling of having something to do, of having a schedule to attend and she missed seeing different countries as well. When they were told about it she was kind of excited actually, packing her things in her luggage with the feeling of packing for vacation even though she knew that all that awaited her was work - she tried to see it as something positive: she was flying to a different country with her members and maybe they would have a bit of time to explore the city. Maybe Yunjin and her would even be able to squeeze in a short but sweet date if they had enough time for it (which would be their first date overseas as an official couple, Chaewon reminds herself with excitement).

They're at the airport at 10 pm, their flight is in a little less than two hours, and the chill of the night has Chaewon freezing as they're sitting in the waiting area. It's not like she's dressed unfittingly for the weather - she's wearing a hoodie and baggy jeans, nothing too fashionable but something comfortable instead - and yet she still manages to feel cold. Her girlfriend notices because she's just attentive like that and she frowns at her.

"Are you cold, unnie?" Yunjin asks and Chaewon simply nods before assuring the other girl that it's nothing tragic. "Just a little. I'm okay though, really"

Yunjin doesn't seem to be satisfied with that answer though and the next thing Chaewon knows is the taller girl taking off her jacket and putting it over Chaewon's shoulders. The leader lets out a small sound of surprise before her cheeks get painted with a pretty blush at the sudden cheesy action - Yunjin is acting like the male lead of some romantic kdrama and Chaewon is a little in love (who is she kidding, she's more than just a little in love but she's not about to just acknowledge that like it's nothing serious).

"What the-" Chaewon looks at her girlfriend with a questioning look on her face before subtly looking around her, trying to see if anyone is watching them at that moment. Someone always is, she knows that, but she still feels like she has to check. Kazuha, who is sitting next to Yunjin, looks at the two of them for a moment before shrugging and turning her attention back to her phone.

"I don't want you to get cold too" Chaewon says with a stern expression, crossing her arms above her chest. If she has to admit it, though, it's a fact that she's already feeling much warmer - although she isn't sure if it's because of the jacket or her girlfriend's sweet action or maybe even both. Yunjin simply smiles at her and Chaewon notes that she sort of looks like a puppy right now. Not just any puppy but a cute one at that. She tries to push that thought away to think about it some other time, deciding to focus on the current issue: the possibility of her girlfriend being cold because of her.

"I won't, Chaewonnie" Yunjin pats her lover's back before grinning at her. "If I get cold I'll just hug you" She adds and Chaewon barks out a laugh. The leader kind of wants to kiss Yunjin right now. Like, really bad. Chaewon wants to kiss her all the time if she's being honest, but right now she wants to taste the lip balm on Yunjin's lips and the taste of Yunjin herself even more than she usually does. She has to remind herself that they're in a public place right now, though, and the fact that there's always too many prying eyes when they're out of the comfort zone of their dorms.

Time passes by rather slowly and Chaewon feels relieved when there's an announcement about being able to board now, her limbs feeling good at being used again when she stands up and begins walking after a quick check up on her girls. It's not her first time flying, it's far from the first time being at an airport as a celebrity, and yet it catches her off guard when more and more people start to get closer to them. She looks at their bodyguard with a slight nervousness present inside of her but tries to stay calm.