chapter 4: temporary alliance. sharing a common enemy.

Rumors of Maelstrom taking out 5 guilds alone had spread faster than he'd anticipated whilst that would be cause for concern to most other guilds he didn't care as it just made more of an interesting challenge for him to beat.

Maple tree and flame emperors had recieved a message from Payne requesting a temporary seize fire agreement to team up and defeat maelstrom once and for all with one condition. Payne was in command and Maple was not permitted to use her most powerful abilities right away.

This upset Maple since she practically spams machine God, loving sacrifice, predator, atrocity, and hydra every time.

Payne said that the reason for doing this is because if she'd reveal her best tricks right away she'd become too predictable.

So with that in mind the order of the holy sword, the flame emperors, and Maple tree all gathered their orbs from their bases in the event maelstrom made a break for their bases. However Kasumi decided she wanted to fight maelstrom by herself if she had the opportunity to.

However Maelstrom's tricks were nothing to be taken lightly in any fight. Frederica was on defense with Maple Mai and yui while on support was drag, Dread,Payne and mii. While on support was Marx, IZ,and Kanade.

This formation would ensure victory by using each guilds members strategically.
Kuromu was left on defense as well unfortunately but he didn't really care.

Kuromu just wanted to see maelstrom in action against their guilds misery was also on support with IZ and Marx and Frederica. So the support players were in back the defensive players were in the middle and the attackers were up front keeping close to the defensive line.

The attackers included Payne, mii, Kasumi, drag,Mai and Yui given their high attack stats and offensive mid to long-range abilities they used in combat.

Payne then said.

"Maple. I know I'm limiting your abilities but we need you as our trump card. Keep us covered with loving sacrifice but that's about it.

With a group this big your other abilities would just cause us all to break formation and be easily picked off one at a time."

And Maple confused said.

"Just how does this formation help us again???. Wouldn't it be easier to just blast our way through with my machine God skill and clear any possible traps??."

Payne than said.

"And they call you the brains of Maple tree guilds plans. How they decided you be it's guild master I will never know.

This formation works because it plays to everything each of us is the best at in terms of stats and skills to improve our odds of defeating the undefeated. The goal isn't to recklessly charge in.

It's to enter the base in groups overwhelming our opponent to where we force his hand instead of us forcing ourselves to reveal our own individual skills too early in the fight. This man.
This maelstrom. He's a menace. I lost to him because I'd underestimated him.

This time he won't be so lucky and I will take back my title as the strongest player in the game. I will not let that newbie damage my pride any further than he already has. As a paladin I can't allow it. No I won't allow it to happen again."

And Maple said.

"Wow....sore loser much???."

Payne then said.

"YOUR JUST A CHILD PLAYING LEADER YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT TAKES TO LEAD A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO TRUST YOU TO LEAD THEM!!!. VICTORY IS ALL THAT MATTERS IN THIS EVENT NOTHING ELSE!!!.