chapter 5: more work. more headaches add more overtime.

The admins realized after the guild battles that Maelstrom was getting unfairly powerful and out of control just like Maple had, but now their fears had been turned from Maple to Maelstrom.

They realized that if the game was to stay balanced then they would have to nerf Maelstrom's abilities and limit the usage of the skills he'd acquired.

Particularly his advanced mining and advanced forging skills that made him and to an extent his armor so strong.

One of the admins then said.

"We have no choice people!!!. Our savior has become our destroyer In the game.
His skills are too high level to nerf but perhaps we could limit his other skills."

Another admin said.

"Which one's did you have in mind???.
We can't just nerf any abilities that benefit the player's abilities to advance.
It would seem unfair and biased."

And the other admin said.

"Well, technically there are already limitations and certain conditions to be met for his other abilities and skills.
The ones that I'm worried about are advanced mining and advanced forging.

With those skills, he can keep digging up as many different rare minerals as he'd want. His advanced forging would make it so he could build more weapons or modify his current ones even more."

One of the other admins then said.

"Then it's settled. We'll limit how many times a day each ability has to be used.
I'd say we limit the amount of times you're able to upgrade a weapon and limit the number of times you can mine for rare minerals and improve items."

Another admin then said.

"Yeah sure that sounds great and all but that's more work for us. Limitations take time to program into the game you know. Plus how long until Maelstrom catches on to what we're planning???."

Suddenly alarms sounded all around them as the computer voice said.

"WARNING SECURITY BREACH HAS OCCURRED FIREWALL PROTECTION HAS BEEN COMPROMISED.

REPEAT FIRE WALL HAS BEEN BREACHED.
SYSTEMS MAINFRAME HAS BEEN COMPROMISED.

UNIDENTIFIED PROGRAM DETECTED ANTI-HACKING PROTOCOL HAS FAILED. REBOOTING MAINFRAME SERVERS IMMEDIATELY."

the administrators were panicking.
Nobody should have been smart enough to hack into their main servers and breach their best firewall software.

Naruto's avatar maelstrom then appeared in a pixelated teleportation and said.

"Huh. So you're the admins???.
I was expecting someone more... intimidating-looking. Oh well.
Down to business. I know your team has been nerfing Maple and her skills.

I knew you'd try something similar to me as well. Therefore I've decided to negotiate with you people by hacking your systems and stating my demands.

For starters you will stop nerfing Maple and her friend's skills just because you are not satisfied that the status quo is unbalanced because Maple is better then you can ever anticipate. Nothing in your roles says that creativity with skills is prohibited or banned from being used.

Second. Your not to interfere with Maple tree any further than you have already.
You will remove the 10 times a day restrictions on devour and replace it with a limited use of unlimited daily use.

Finally. Your not to alter the game or it's dungeon events to suit your needs instead of players unless the players request more powerful monsters.

It's unfair and disadvantageous to other players who enjoy leveling up to become stronger for future events of the game.