chapter 13: valentines day in NWO.

It's Valentine's Day in NWO and every player was expecting something exciting like a special event or quest to celebrate.

Well almost all the players. Maelstrom was uninterested in such foolish things.
But surely he'd enjoy it right???. Well that's where your mistaken. See the event was specific to girls only.

The rules were that each male player had the role of prince and the girls princess. The goal was for the princess to find their prince charming and charm them into loving them without weapons or armor. Likewise the same for the prince that was found by the princess.

Yes this event was one of true love.
Passion, commitment, charm, and emotion. The single players hint single.
Had to resist the charming princess.

If the single player couldn't then they lose and the female single players moved up in the rankings.

This put Maple tree on edge as they wondered just who of them would be the one's to charm over whom first.

Being the sucker for love stories she was Maple couldn't resist the chance to be a real princess and find her prince charming. Kasumi was...embarrassed.

She'd known for a while she had feelings for Maelstrom and denied them in front of her guildmates but she privately acknowledged her feelings for him.

The most powerful and most popular player in the game nobody could deny that Maelstrom had a heart as cold as the steel of his blade he uses in battle.

So how do you melt a heart as tough as Japanese steel???. With a fiery passion as hot as the sun of coarse. The player who found their prince or princess to be that lasted the longest would win a Grand Prize so in this case, Maelstrom was prime target number one as everyone wanted a piece of him.

Nonetheless he'd had no choice but to participate as it wasn't optional either.
A prince and a princess from the same guild would be separated to prevent any sort of advantage during the event.

The skills permitted were based on 3 categories.

Charm.
Appearance.
And dancing.
Specifically the waltz.

The player may change their appearance once per day for 7 days until the event ended, were allowed to get assistance from other  princess or prince in the guild pertaining to the 3 specific categories but not choose each other.

And so the event began all the girls from flame emperors Maple tree and order of the holy sword guilds were dressed up and teleport away to be eventually found by their prince charming.

A compatibility meter showing on their status screens would change colors and fill up or empty depending on compatibility with each other's levels.

While others were prince or princess because of his high player-level Maelstrom was made a king of a hidden kingdom looking to find the perfect queen. The strongest female player ever.

He was labeled as the cold-hearted ruler.
His kingdom as cold as his heart and his influence just as cold and brutal as him.

True to his name the kingdom was a cold wasteland with storms everywhere.  Every few minutes a storm cloud appeared and would strike down the weak and unworthy to meet him.

Rain, snow, sleet, hail, hurricane winds and tornadoes were seen everywhere.
Kasumi shivers marching through the snow and wind and said to herself.

"This is..the coldest weather...ever.
Even for...Maelstrom this event has got to be challenging for him to win alone. "

Eventually she made it to the castle gates where the NPC had let her pass after she bowed to them in respect instead of attacking them outright she entered and within moments later the doors to the castle swung open revealing Maelstrom on his throne and looked down at Kasumi.