A Royal Wedding

The day of the wedding had come. Yeosang couldn't believe that his little brother was getting married before him. At least now he knew why. Yeosang's pink silk hanbok felt heavenly on his skin. It had contrasting black detailing all over it that the seamstresses laboured over for days.

The cosmetician did his make-up very naturally, as Yeosang preferred, and the hairstylist trimmed his hair slightly before styling it simply. He liked the way he looked in the mirror, though he wished he wouldn't be dreading the event he'd dressed up for.

For weddings, there were no special entrances for any members of the royal family except the bride and groom. Everybody gathered in one of the castle's banquet halls, of which there were several.

This one was not too big. Only the elite guests were present for the ceremony; Yeosang and his parents along with visitors from other kingdoms and high-class citizens of Aurora. The grandest room was reserved for the reception, where any citizen of Aurora was invited to attend as long as they were able to make themselves sufficiently presentable.

Chairs were set out in neat rows with special ones reserved for the royal family. Yeosang's mother raised her brows upon noticing that Yeosang had come alone, taking his seat next to the King. He wasn't sure whether she was pleased or not for as soon as she leaned forward and opened her mouth to speak, the ceremony began.

Yeosang had never attended a wedding, so he didn't have anything to compare it to, but he supposed it was as beautiful as a ceremony could be. Yuna was especially gorgeous in a flowing, light purple gown, while Jongho looked regal in his black hanbok and slicked-back hair.

When the couple sealed everything with a kiss, Yeosang watched intently. He'd never had much exposure to kisses. When they pulled away, both of their eyes were filled with so much love. Yeosang wanted that. He wanted to kiss someone he truly loved at his wedding, yet was reminded that would never happen.

And then, the reception began. As expected, the crowd was much larger, but even the village folk looked lovely. Everybody was eager to impress at such a rare event as a wedding in Aurora. 

Yeosang scanned the room over and over again. There were so many people; perhaps he'd simply missed him. But after his fourth attempt, Yeosang resigned himself to the fact that Wooyoung did not come. Guilt ate at him; it was his fault.

San was there, though, chatting easily with fellow servants of the castle. He sure made friends quickly. This time, if Yeosang hadn't known who San was, he wouldn't have thought that he'd be a servant. He looked every bit the knight he had once been, and it was a struggle for Yeosang to look away.

Though he was glad his eyes hadn't lingered for too long when he felt his mother staring at him. Watching, probably, to see whether Yeosang would take a partner to dance. 

Before, he danced with girls to pass the time. Now, he felt that he had something to prove. His eyes locked on who he thought to be one of the prettiest girls there. Her beauty was unique, and she didn't seem to have a partner.

Checking to make sure his mother was still watching, Yeosang traversed the room until he reached her. He took her hand and kissed it, as a gentleman should. "May I have this dance?"

She didn't blush and giggle like most girls did when he invited them to dance, just gave him a small smile and let him lead her to the dance floor. 

Dancing with girls-- or even kissing their hands--didn't disgust him. But it didn't necessarily excite him, either. Not like that moment he'd shared with San. So short, yet he couldn't stop thinking about it.

It didn't help that the Queen wasn't the only one watching Yeosang dance. Too aware of his presence, Yeosang caught San watching them too. Glaring. 

After two dances, Yeosang felt that was enough to show his mother that he was still interested in girls. And maybe he couldn't stand the intensity of San's eyes, either. He kissed the girl's hand again and bid her goodbye. He never got her name; not that it mattered.