Nothing's Wrong, Right?

San thought that the wedding would be the last time he saw the prince until the royal family returned from their trip, but he found himself waking up extra early the next morning just so he could speak with him one more time. Something was pressing on his mind; something he couldn't wait another day to say.

He'd never been to the prince's wing but he knew where it was. More than one servant had warned him to steer clear of the area and before, he had listened, but now he was doing the opposite. He found the bedroom with little difficulty--it was the largest, most ornate door in the area. And the one with Wooyoung standing outside.

"What are you doing here?" the guard asked, not bothering to hide his displeasure.

"What are you doing here?" San fired back, even though it was obvious what the guard was doing there. Guarding.

Within seconds, the door cracked open and a blonde head appeared. Yeosang smiled. His hair was still fluffy, not yet touched by the stylists. "It is okay," he said to Wooyoung. Then, to San, "Do you wish to speak with me?"

"Privately, if your guard can survive without your presence for a few minutes," San told him.

Yeosang laughed and turned to Wooyoung. "Perhaps you can help me finish packing. I shall be back soon."

Yeosang joined San in the hall while Wooyoung begrudgingly entered the prince's bedroom.

The prince pulled him further into the wing. "We can go to my sitting room."

Even San, who usually paid no mind to such things, was impressed by the architecture and furnishings of Yeosang's part of the castle, but he didn't have much time to take it in as Yeosang brought him to a plush couch in the sitting room.

San took a deep breath. He wasn't scared--he was a knight at one point, after all. But, he didn't do this very often.

"I will be leaving for Cheshire very shortly," Yeosang told him, a subtle way of telling him to get on with whatever it was he needed to say.

"I am aware, prince," San said. "I just wanted to say..."

Yeosang looked at him intently. San had to turn away from those intense eyes. "It's no secret that your guard and I don't get along," San started. "But he was right about one thing. I fear I misjudged you upon our first meeting, and I apologize for the hurtful things I said."

He knew most of it was simple teasing, but he could think of at least two times he'd actually hurt the prince. The memories ate him up inside. 

He expected Yeosang to be surprised by the apology--imagined him saying something like 'I did not know the word 'apologize' was in your vocabulary'. Instead, he ignored the apology altogether. "I do not remember you speaking with my guard. You spoke to him in private?"

Oh, he was walking on thin ice now. Yeosang was more observant than San gave him credit for. "He approached me after our sparring match. He was angry, and told me to treat you with respect."

"He did?" Yeosang smiled, cheeks pink. "And what did you say?"

"I told him..." I know he's in love with you. What would Yeosang do if San told him the truth? But no, he wasn't that evil. "I said I wouldn't take orders from him, that I'd do as I pleased."

Yeosang believed it. "Sounds like you."

The prince looked like his thoughts were far away. San wondered whether he was thinking about Wooyoung. "I know how you can apologize to me."

"And how's that?"

San's mind immediately went to suggestive places; he should have known that Yeosang's mind was too innocent to do the same. "You can be nicer to Wooyoungie," the prince said. "You think I don't see the faces you two make at each other?"