Lessons

Yeosang didn't see Wooyoung for the rest of that night--he must have been truly tired from the carriage ride. As for Yeosang, his sleep had been particularly lonely that night so he was happy to see a refreshed Wooyoung waiting outside when he opened the door the next morning.

He fell back into his normal routine quickly and, for the first time, gladly. Though, he was looking forward to his outing with San more than he would like to admit. He told Wooyoung about it over breakfast--for the first time, he'd invited his guard to sit with him. He felt the eyes of Wooyoung's tall servant friend on them but otherwise, nobody else seemed to notice or care.

"I will be going out with San today," Yeosang said, as nonchalantly as he could. He knew Wooyoung wouldn't like it.

Indeed, Wooyoung looked like he struggled to swallow, but he nodded. "Where are you going?"

"I am not sure, actually. He did not tell me."

"Are you sure that is safe?" It was heartwarming, truly, how much Wooyoung cared for his safety. Especially after what happened in Cheshire. Still, when would Wooyoung accept that San would not hurt him?

"Yes, Wooyoungie," Yeosang chided. "We have spoken about this countless times already."

When they had finished eating and walked out of the dining hall, Wooyoung asked, "When are you going?"

"Right now, if the prince sees fit."

San was already there, waiting. "O-okay," Yeosang said. He wasn't expecting to see San so soon.

San extended an arm and Yeosang took it, glancing back at Wooyoung. "You may do as you please until I return."

Wooyoung refused to look at either of them. "As you wish."

Yeosang's mind lingered on Wooyoung for a few moments after San brought him outside the castle, but he soon got distracted.

"You have still not kissed your guard since you've been back?"

They were walking towards the forest, Yeosang noticed, already far enough away that nobody would hear their conversation.

"No, I have not."

"Why not?"

"The opportunity never arose, I suppose." Yeosang paused before continuing. "I know that he loves me and I did enjoy what we did, but I cannot say I love him in the same way...yet."

In Cheshire, Yeosang only had eyes for Wooyoung. But now that he was back in Aurora and San was there, saying and doing all these things that made his heart race, Yeosang just wasn't sure.

~~

The prince's words were like music to San's ears. So what, Yeosang and his guard had shared a couple of measly kisses? The prince was clearly still undecided. San wasn't going to let this minor setback stop him.

By then, they had reached the edge of the forest. San guided Yeosang further. The prince looked around in confusion. "Where are we going?"

San responded to his question with another. "Have you ever explored this area?"

"Of course not."

"Tsk," San tutted. "You limit yourself to exploring what is familiar. Yet you never know what you can find if you take a chance on something new." He hoped Yeosang knew they weren't talking about the forest anymore.

Another few minutes of walking before they approached where San wanted to go. Yeosang gasped. "This is beautiful!"

San grinned in satisfaction. It was such a simple thing--a field of wildflowers. He'd gone for a run in the forest trails when he stumbled across it, and the first thing that came to mind was how much Yeosang would love it.