Ch.8 Transform

It was raining the next day and she was fearful of going back to school. Nick refused to leave her side. Once they pull up to the school, She begins to feel nervous about seeing Andrew again since less than he had slashed her throat open 48 beforehand.

She swallows hard and turns to Nick. He parks and turns to her, smiling.

"I have your back no matter what. If he tries anything, he won't go very far" he tells her.

She takes a deep breath and nods. They both exit the car, causing the people around them to stare.

Her anxiety begins to spike when she feels a hand take hers. She looks up at him, smiling.

"Just focus on me, little one" he tells her.

She blushes. They walk into the first building as people all stare. The girls were angry because most of them wanted him. The guys scowl because they wanted to be him. While walking, they pass Andrew and his friends (pack). Andrew scowls as he sees the two hand in hand.

"You're alive" Andrew says.

She squeezes Nick's hand tighter as they try to walk past them.

"I'm talking to you" Andrew says, grabbing tightly onto her hand.

She gets pulled back, realizing she's trapped between the two.

"Let go Andrew" Nick snaps.

Andrew smirks and shakes his head. Andrew yanks her arm, ripping her from Nick's grip. Andrew is significantly stronger then Nick since he doesn't drink human blood. She desperately tries to detach Andrew's grip from her wrist.

"Let me go" she pleads.

Andrew throws her into his pack, who tightly holds onto her. The hallway grows silent as they are the only ones left in the hall.

"I don't want a fight" Nick says.

Andrew flashes his fangs.

"Why? Because you know you'll lose? Face it. You are no match for me and a full fledged pack" Andrew says.

Her eyes begin to water in fear.

"Please" she pleads, earning one of the pack members to cover her mouth.

"I can kill her over and over again. She will run out of lives eventually" Andrew says.

She looks at Nick, tears falling. There is only so much that he can do to help her. He can't risk being bitten by one of the wolves. She doesn't know how to use any of her abilities. He can't do much.

"What do you want?" Nick begs.

The wolf holding her wraps a hand around her throat as she sobs. Nick can feel the tips of the claws against her throat.

"Her" Andrew says.

The wolf dig his claws into her throat earning a gasp from her.

"NOOO" Nick yells as he launches himself at them.

A fight ensues as the windows break in, revealing the rest of Nick's band. She falls to the ground, holding her throat as she bleeds out. As the fight continues, she closes her eyes and begins hearing her fathers voice.

"Its okay babygirl. Remember what I told you. When you were little? Focus all your energy to ease the pain" he told her.

She concentrates as she feels her life slipping from her. Her throat begins to glow orange as she blacks out. While fighting, Nicholas looks over at where the young girl was just lying to now see an empty spot with a pool of blood. Andrew notices him looking and turns around. His eyes widen as he notices she's gone.

"Boo" Andrew hears before feeling a sharp pain in his lower back.

Blood pours from his mouth as the fighting ceases. Everyone watches as Star becomes visible to everyone. Her eyes burn a fiery orange and a fiery aura emanates from her.

"Karma's a bitch" she says as he pulls her knife out of his back.

He falls to the ground in which she turns to the rest of the pack.

"Who's next?" she asks.

They retreat, taking Andrew with them. She turns to the guys who look at her in fear. They hadn't seen her like this yet, not even Nick.

"Baby?" Nick asks.

Her eyes go back to their normal brown and the aura disappears. She then looks at them innocently.

"We won" she says quietly.

They took the rest of the day off and were blown away by the fact that no one knew a fight had even happened. They cleaned up the pool of blood before they left and took off before anyone could find out.

Andrew was critically injured and beyond livid. Once the pack got him home and patched up, he began breaking things, angry that his love had gotten away again.

"You will open your stitches if you aren't careful" his father says as he watches him from the corner of his room.

"I SHOULD'VE KILLED HIM WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE" he yells, throwing his lamp across the room.

His father pushes himself off the wall and walks over to him, flashing his red eyes. Andrew's eyes burn yellow as he stares into his fathers alpha eyes.

"She's not your mate, son" he tells him calmly.

"But she's the one I love. I don't want Angel. I want Star" he tells his father.

His father smirks and chuckles, walking away.

"You'll have what you want soon enough. Mark my words, son. Soon those blood suckers will be gone and she will be all yours" his father says, making his way out of his son's room.

Star decided on taking a nap. Her slight transformation had taken a lot out of her.

"I wish I knew more about Phoenix's but unfortunately, the only other one I ever knew of was her father. As far as we know, he's dead" Noah tells the guys as they all gather around the island.

"Why did she survive this time but not the last?" Jolly asks.

Nick's head was spinning. He could barely process what was going on around him. Nicholas rubs his back causing him to come back to the conversation.

"Andrew slashed her vocal cords and broke her neck the last time" Nick says, causing everyone to look at him. "This time, that wolf only broke the first few layers of skin. She would've bled out if she hadn't transformed in time."

"Who knows what she could really become if she were to fully transform?" Nicholas asks.

While they all talk, Star lays in bed upstairs, staring at pictures of her and her father. She wanted to believe her father was dead. He'd been missing for years, there was no possible way he was still alive.

Right?

"Is she going to be okay?" she hears Jolly asks.

She looks down at the top of the staircase.

"I think she's in shock right now" Nick says.

Nick looks up at the staircase, feeling her heart pounding.

She didn't know what to feel, how to feel, if she should feel. All of this, everything, was extremely new territory for her. She had only ever read about the supernatural and heard stories about it from her father. She never imagined that any of it was actually real. Now everything was finally coming together in a way.