Ch.9 Blood

She decided to go back to her apartment. She was upset with Nick. He went back on his word.

She was also confused. She had no control over what had happened to her at school. Her voice had changed. Her eyes had changed. Her body had changed. She could feel the heat, her body was giving off but it didn't hurt her. She had also noticed that her condition wasn't affecting her much if at all anymore.

Her feather tattoo has started adding more little feathers coming off of it. As if each time she died or transformed, a new feather was added. She could even control her fire balls better. She could control the change in color when it came to her eyes.

She'd been playing around with her powers for days. She'd been avoiding Andrew's and Nick's calls. She'd taken the wolfbane that Nick gave her and lathered her apartment in it so Andrew wouldn't come sniffing around.

She's numb. Not knowing how to feel about this whole situation.

Nick on the other hand was spiraling. She was avoiding him and he hated it. He loved her. He yearned for her. He needed her. But she wanted to be alone. He would go to see her but her window would be closed and locked just like her door. The guys couldn't help him. He wanted to turn everything off. His emotions. His love for her. But especially his hunger for her. But he knew he couldn't.

Everyday was getting worse and worse. Like the pain of losing her over and over again.

It's finally the weekend.

It's been just about a week since he'd seen her. He felt as if he was dying without her. She'd just become his and he felt like he'd fucked it up.

She stares down at her phone, hovering over his contact. She wants to reach out. She knows she should. She'd been ignoring his messages and calls for days.

She takes a deep breath and hits his contact.

It doesn't even ring as she hears his voice causing her to sigh in relief.

Nicky<3- Baby?

Star- Hi...

Nicky<3- Are you okay?

Star- Can you come over?

Nicky<3- I'll be there in 5.

They hang out and she sits on her bed while she waits. Within minutes, she hears a knock at her door. She rushes into the main room. She opens the door to be met with Nick. He sighs in relief and immediately wraps her in his arms tightly.

She sobs immediately. She had missed him so much. She didn't know it was possible to miss someone as much as she missed him. He picks her up and walks them both into her apartment, closing the door behind him. They pull away from the hug and he kisses her passionately.

He had missed her warm lips. He sits her on top of her island as they kiss. They pull away and press their forehead together.

"I missed you so much babygirl" he tells her.

She chuckles.

"I missed you more" she tells him.

"I'm so sorry baby. I froze. Everytime I see you in danger, it's like I don't know how to react. I want to rip them to shreds but they are so much faster than me" he says.

She furrows her brows. He sighs.

"I can't drink human blood. We drink animal blood to keep us alive. But we are weaker than normal vampires because of it" he says.

"But if human blood is what makes you stronger, then why not?" she asks.

He holds her face softly, her leaning into one of his hands.

"Because if I were to drink human blood, I would kill. I'd kill whoever I'm drinking from" he tells her, looking at her neck. "You have no idea how hard it is to control my hunger for you. I want to drink your blood. I want to pierce your skin but I fight every single day to make sure that I don't kill you."

She notices his eyes changing and his veins straining under his eyes. He was hungry but fighting.

"What would happen if you had a drop?" she asks.

He swallows hard, his eyes flicking to meet hers.

"I wouldn't stop. I would kill you" he says.

She gulps as she runs her finger tips along the veins.

"I'm not afraid" she tells him.

He chuckles.

"You say that. Until I can't let go" he says.

She wanted to be able to fully trust him. He wanted to taste her blood. Even just once.

"Baby. I want you to know that if I were to do this, you may not come back" he says.

She nods. He takes a deep breath before opening his mouth, revealing his fangs. She swallows hard as she lifts up her head to expose her neck. He holds onto the other side of her neck as he lowers his head down.

"It's okay" she says.

He sinks his teeth into her neck, earning a small gasp from her. She grips into his hair as he grips into her back. He begins to suck on the skin as her blood flows down his throat. His eyes shoot open as he pulls her in tighter.

"Slow down" she tells him.

But he doesn't. His grip gets tighter and tighter, almost sinking his nails into her sink through her shirt.

"Nick. You're hurting me" she says.

But he can't hear her. He can only hear the little voice in his head telling him to drink it all.

"Nick please" she says, feeling her body go limp.

She felt she had no choice. She brings him into a hug as she significantly warms her body. Fire shoots from her hands, burning his back. He jumps back as she grabs her neck. She could feel herself bleeding as she looked at him.

She hadn't seen him like this yet. His eyes were dark, veins straining as if they'd pop. Blood dripped from his lips and teeth.

Once he realized she was in pain, his face goes back to normal. He goes to reach out to her but stops himself.

"I'm sorry" he tells her.

"It's okay" she says, reaching out for his hand.

He cowares back.

"I hurt you" he says.

She hops off of the island and tries to reach for him but he steps back. He kept repeating that he'd hurt her over and over again. She reaches out, pulling him to her. She kisses him instantly, not caring about the blood dripping down his face. He holds her tightly, as he softly cries.

They pull away and he cries into her chest.

"It's okay" she tells him, running her fingers through his hair.

They lay in her bed while she runs her fingers through his hair. She had already healed and is now left with a bite mark scar. She actually liked it but knew that she had pushed Nick to his limit.

She could feel his soft breaths as he slept. This was the first time in years that he'd felt comfortable sleeping. She begins softly singing to him. He begins smiling in his sleep.

"I'm so sorry Nicky. I pushed you to your limit today. I shouldn't have and I'm so sorry. I don't want you to have to fight this demon telling you to hurt me. I want to help you fight against it. You are so strong, physically and mentally and I love that about you. You keep me going in ways I've never felt. I've never felt this way for anyone before. You are perfect just the way you are. I love you Nick and I think I have since we met Freshman year" she whispers to him.