3

Luffy's friend set us off, and we were on our way.

I don't know if the waves of the ocean were louder, or the constant ticking that I was hearing for the past hour, courtesy of Nami. I was sitting on the bow of the ship, trying to sleep, but both Nami's endless ticking, and Luffy just being Luffy did not help.

Luffy was either unintentionally annoying Nami, or he was willingly being annoying, but to be honest, I feel like the kid was genuinely just curious. Luffy has asked all of us to join his crew multiple times, Zoro and Nami both disagreeing to his proposal. I do think that Luffy hasn't asked me because I was with Zoro when he found us, probably thinking we are partners. The question is if he thinks we are work partners or partner partners, and let's hope it's the first one.

Luffy goes up to Nami, putting his head on hers, trying to hear the ticking better too. "Is it open yet?"

"No. And can you please give me some quiet and some space?" Nami asks Luffy, annoyed. She reaches up and pushes on Luffy's hat, making the hat catch wind and fly towards me.

I reach over and grab it before it can go too far, opening my eyes after a long time of ignoring their banter, for such a simple task. Luffy gives me a nod in thanks, and tells Nami off. "Hey. Not cool. Don't mess with my hat."

Nami irritably responds, "Why do you care so much about that old thing anyways? It looks like you fished it out of the trash."

"One man's trash is another man's treasure."

Zoro finally butts in, "Would you two knock it off? I'm trying to take a nap, and (Y/N) clearly is too."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Were we interrupting your beauty sleep?-"

"Don't like what you see?" Zoro says, cutting Nami off, "Look away."

Nami continues, "-Sorry though (Y/N), this wannabe pirate keeps bothering me."

"You apologize to (Y/N) but not me?"

"I'm sorry lover boy, but your girlfriend here actually is nice and enjoyable to be around."

"(Y/N) is a lot better to be around than you, I'll agreed on that, but again, we are not dating."

Nami ignores Grass-head, and turns back to the safe. There are a few more ticks heard, then I hear the lock drop. Finally, the safe is open. Nami slowly opens up the safe, and looks at the items stored inside.

I get up and walk to the commotion, and take a brief glance over the contents of the important safe. One compartment had a Captain Nero wanted poster, which was a little off, as Axe-hand said he caught Nero. The smallest compartment had a weird looking thing inside of it, and the biggest had the Grand Line map.

Nami goes straight for the Grand Line map, and opens it, admiring the penmanship. Zoro joins the little huddle, looking inside the safe, and becomes disappointed.

"Isn't there supposed to be gold inside a safe? Or jewels?"

Nami responds, offended, "This is more valuable than gold. It's knowledge. This is a map to the Grand Line!"

"The Grand Line! Ah. The Grand Line is just right... Where is it exactly?" Luffy asks, not knowing how to read a map.

As Nami and Luffy talk, I walk up to Moss-head, who was hung up on the fact that there was no money in the safe.

"Are you really that money hungry?"

"Hey, you can't blame me. I gotta live somehow."

Nami then called us all over, probably because of Luffy's ignorance on the very seas he is traveling on. Please remind me how this kid even started his journey of the One Piece? As Nami gives her geography lesson, I recall a memory from a while back when I was on another island.