14

There are a few awkward moments until I see the old man throw a cannonball with his bare hands straight at us.

Luffy inhales, and with the amount of air he was intaking, he was blowing up like a balloon. Literally. The cannon ball hits Luffy's stomach square in the middle, and it gets launched back towards the other vessel. It hits one of the masts of the ship, creating a large amount of damage, enough for the Marines to stop trying to advance on us.

"That was....," Usopp comments in shock, "amazing! You saved us!"

"You didn't tell me you could do that," Nami scolded.

Zoro and I looked at each other, both of us smiling in shock and adrenaline. Meanwhile, Usopp and Luffy start cheering and jeering at the Marines, Nami still in somewhat of a shocked state.

"Nami, get us out of here," Luffy orders.

"On it," the redhead starts to position the sails to help guide, the fog cloud drawing nearer, "Let's disappear."

Short Time Skip

"How's the ship looking?" Nami asks.

"Broken railing," Zoro responds, "Minor damage. Could've been a lot worse."

"Could have been better."

"Can't see the Marines anywhere," Usopp interrupts.

"I don't think the Marines would come either way. You saw what happened to their ship, they aren't worried about us at this point. They have major damage," I point out, "With that type of damage, going into the fog is a bad idea for them."

"Can't see anything in this soup," Nami retorts, "What we need is a place to lay low, wait out any reinforcements they send after us. My charts are useless in this fog."

"To be honest, I don't think that we are going to be followed. At least for a while. The Vice Admiral seems like a man of pride... he's probably going to pursue us himself."

"What did Luffy say?" Zoro asks.

"He's on the bow," Usopp answers, looking back, "He hasn't said anything since we hightailed it."

"Well, someone needs to talk to him. About this and that other thing."

"What other thing?"

"Oh, gee, I wonder," Nami sarcastically retaliates, yet earns no recognition from Mr. Swords-for-brains. "The vice-admiral-of-the-Marines-is-my-grandfather thing."

"Oh, that," Usopp starts giving an excuse, wiggling out of talking to the captain, "Yeah, I don't really know the guy that well."

"Doesn't seem like a big deal," Zoro cuts him off.

"Why don't you do it then?" I offer, "I can come with you if you want."

"Yeah, what (Y/N) said. You're his first mate. Kind of seems like that falls under your job description, hmm?" the navigator points out, backing up my request.

Zoro looks around for around for a second, eyes finding Usopp also encouraging him. "Fine."

Then he turns and grabs my arm, and starts walking in Luffy's direction. The short walk is silent, but with each step his hand would get closer to mine. By the time we reached the bow of the ship, we were holding hands again.

Why did I even offer to go with him? I should have known that he would try this. 

Zoro stopped for a second, looking between the never-ending fog, and down at Luffy, who was sitting and looking at the damage on his precious hat.