10

"So why did you need me?"

"Ok so I know this seems pitiful and all, but can I please stay with you? I feel like something bad is gonna happen or is happening. My gut is screaming at me all sorts of danger warnings, and normally by gut is correct."

"Uhm, are you entirely sure? Like this is no false alarm at all?"

"Who is ever entirely sure about anything? I'm not God. I can't see into the future, but I can rely on my gut. Especially when there is literally so many things suspicious in this mansion of a house."

"Fine. Come on, if what you say is true, we have to find the others."

- - - - - - - - -

[A/N: This is a little twist I wanted to add to the story, please bare with me]

Zoro's POV (3rd Person)

Zoro comes to his sense, inhaling sharply, hand on his head, looking around at his surroundings. He looks up to see circular walls enclosing him, at the top, moonlight streaming in. Beside him is his beloved katanas, and the equally cared for Chinese knots, all muddy and dirty. At his feet is the deceased Merry, in an uncomfortable position. 

Zoro stands up, staring at the deceased hybrid. He then assesses his surroundings again, looking up at the slippery and tall walls.

- - - - - - - - - 

(Y/N)'s POV (1st Person)

Nami and I reached the kitchen, finding Luffy passed out on the table.

"Luffy," Nami calls out, trying to figure out what was wrong.

"Nami, the soup," I point out, causing Nami to check Luffy's eyes.

"Luffy!" She calls out again. Nami then moves up to Luffy's head, trying to do something.

I start to hear faint conversation and footsteps. "Nami," I whisper, "Someone is coming." I then start looking for a hiding place, finding one under the sink.

She gives me a questioning look, until she heard Klahadore say something. She then also starts searching, finding a cabinet that was big enough.

"Do you understand?" the voices get louder.

"I understand, sir."

The conversation between the staff continues, and they appear in the kitchen, seconds later. "I understand, sir. I just left Miss Kaya in her room."

They look onto the table, and spot Luffy, passed out. "What is he doing here?" Klahadore askes.

The staff go and check on Luffy, one slapping his face, the other picking up his arm and dropping it again. "What's wrong with him?"

"Little guy couldn't get enough of my latest recipe. I was chasing that perfect balance between bitter and savory. Just wish I could have asked him how it tasted."

"Tasted like poison, idiot."

I thought so. Didn't seem like anything else could have happened. It also explains Klahadore's insistence on Kaya eating the soup.

"Not while I'm the cook."

"You're not a cook. I'm not a maid. We're pirates.

"Sell yourself short, Sham, but leave my cooking out of--"

"Enough! I can't hear myself think over your inbred nonsense! Now, how much of the soup did he eat?"

"Uhh. All of it."

"How fortuitous"

"Go ahead and toss him in the well with the green-haired oaf."

Green-haired oaf? Zoro? Zoro! These morons better not have killed him. No. I'm sure he's fine. He might be stupid in situations but he can fight. Right?

"Aye aye, captain."

"And don't you dare track mud all over my floors again."

"Says the maid."

Klahadore was starting to walk away when the doorbell rang. 

"Who would ring the bell at this hour?" Sham askes.

"Just stay put. Understood? Let's not allow the night to get the better of us." With that, Klahadore walks towards the waiting uninvited guests.

After a tense moment, the communication device starts talking. "Buchi, the Marines are here. They've come to collect the drunken Straw Hat Pirate. Bring him to the front of the house at once."

"Marines. What are we gonna do?"

"Nothing."

"But what if the Straw Hat talks?"

Sham scoffs, taking a napkin and wiping the soup off Luffy's mouth. "He drank enough of that soup to kill a sea beast. Stick to the captain's plan."

They take Luffy up, and leave the room to hand over Luffy to the Marines. After a moment, Sham comes back and starts to clean up. At one point she gets too close to Nami's hiding spot, and Nami comes out and knocks Sham out with a metal pan. 

- - - - - - - - -

Zoro's POV (3rd Person)

Zoro throws a hook that he found on the floor to the top of the well, unsuccessful three times in a row. This gives him some Deja vu, his mind drifting off into his memories.

-FLASHBACK-

"Again!"

Zoro was dueling, the opponent finding weakness in his stance, taking the opportunity to strike him in the head. Zoro grunts from the force, but gets back up to fight once more.

"Fight!"

Zoro now takes the offense, but the opponent finds fault in his stance, hitting the weak point behind the knee causing Zoro to fall. From there, Zoro defends and manages to get up, yet the opposing manages to throw him.

"Again!"

This time Zoro is humiliated with how fast he gets defeated on top of the moves pulled off to achieve this outcome. The green haired boy takes off his helmet, frustrated and panting. He then takes his bamboo sword and his helmet and walks off the stage.

Unbeknownst to him, his opponent, a dark blue haired girl by the name Kuina, also gets off the stage. Before she does this though, she signals to her close friend, (Y/N), to follow her. Luckily, (Y/N) had already dueled, and won, so she was free to go without any repercussions. (Y/N) gets up and the two walked towards the dejected boy.

"You're dropping your elbow. Just some friendly advice," Kuina informs.

Zoro, pissed, retorts, "We are not friends, Kuina. And I don't need advice from you."

"You're movements say otherwise. Have you learned anything during your time here?"

"Kuina. That's enough," (Y/N) interjects, trying to keep the teetering peace.

"Don't mock me! I'm the best fighter here other than you," Zoro defends, "And one day, I'm gonna surpass you. Then I'm gonna be the world's greatest swordsman."

"Maybe one day. But not today."

"I know why I can't beat you. It's these bamboo swords. Let's fight with real blades to see who's best."

Kuina, in disbelief but still confident, evident by a smirk on her face, agrees. "Fine. Katana's it is. But if you want to beat me, you'd better be ready to kill me."

Kuina then walks away, motioning for (Y/N) to follow her once more. Instead, (Y/N) turns to Zoro.

"I believe that you will beat her one day," (Y/N) gives her honest opinion, "Don't kill my friend though."

(Y/N) then joins up with Kuina, and they walk away into the distance.

-BACK TO PRESENT-

Zoro tries and fails with the grappling hook once again. Zoro sighs, looking up at the wet walls of the well.

"Okay. Plan B."