8

And with that, Nami starts looking for another outfit. I go and start ruffling around, trying to also find an outfit for me.

"I feel kind of bad for Kaya. All this stuff. All this space. It's gotta make a person feel... lonely."

"Rich people don't have the same emotions we do. This stuff doesn't make her feel lonely. It makes her feel important."

"Well. Usopp likes her. And she invited us to dinner. I'm sure we can work out a way to get that ship."

Oh this dress looks nice. It was a hanfu, mostly white, fading into brown with (Y/F/C) accents. I go to try it on, and it fits me perfectly. The blouse was brown, while the skirt was brown at the bottom, fading upwards. The other accessories were either gold, white, or (Y/F/C). When I walk out of the changing corner, Nami was still looking for a dress.

"Wow (Y/N)! You look so good. We just need gold hair accessories and you are perfect," Nami compliments while ruffling through the heaps of clothes, smiling. "Oh. Here."

I start looking for accessories that match my dress. Meanwhile, Nami gives Zoro a suit that slightly matches my dress, but not too much where it screams couple. She then gives me a wink, and goes back to looking for clothes.

"Nice," Zoro accepts the suit.

Time Skip

We are all at the lobby, Nami talking to a sheep looking guy, Luffy and Usopp talking, and Zoro and I sitting at the round chair type thing. Zoro notices alcoholic drinks near us, so he stands up and starts walking towards them.

"Hey, Zoro. You gotta try this!" Luffy invites enthusiastically.

Zoro picks up one of the drinks, "I've got all I need right here." He then picks up another and brings it over, handing it to me. He sits down next to me, one arm slung lazily around my shoulders.

"Ehem," Klahadore coughs to get everyone's attention, "May I present... Miss Kaya."

Kaya and Klahadore start descending the stairwell, and when halfway down, the sheep dude met Kaya. "Kaya, you look absolutely radiant," He complements.

"Merry, I'm so glad you could make it."

Oh that's his name? Interesting choice.

"This is a milestone I wouldn't miss for the world. Your parents would be so proud."

Eventually, Kaya and her entourage reach the end of the stairs, meeting Nami. "Nami, I love that dress on you."

"Thanks," she responds, flattered.

"It belonged to my mother. It was one of her favorites."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I-"

"Not at all. I'm sure she would agree it suits you splendidly."

While that was happening, Zoro decided to have his own drama. He got up, picking up another drink while at it. "Have we met before? You look familiar. Even (N/N) feels like she knows you."

"Highly doubtful, sir."

"Funky Bar? Mirror Ball Island?"

"Funky Bar? Well, I can assure you I've never patronized that type of establishment."

Just then, Merry tries to talk to Kaya in private. Klahadore abandons Zoro's conversation with him, and interrupts Merry's urgency.

Zoro sits back down, getting into the same position as before. The green-head then turns to look at me asking, "So? What do you think?"

"Klahadore is definitely suspicious. He looks like he's been cooking something up in that brain of his. See, look. He's trying to interrupt Merry and Kaya's conversation. It's not normal."

"... Shall we all move to the dining room?" the butler moves on.

Luffy being Luffy, excitedly exclaims, "Yes! Oh! Oh, I'm so ready for this..."

Tiny Time Skip

The dining room was curiously decorated, with plates covering the walls. It doesn't even stop at the walls, it stretches till the ceiling too. Everyone is seated, me next to Zoro and Usopp. I don't really know why, but in the beginning when Zoro saw that, he moved my chair closer to him. It's also not like I can protest nor do I want to.

By now, between the two of us, we already finished a few bottles of wine. This causes Zoro to ask for more, "Keep this coming," he orders.

"I'd like to try the fish tonight," Kaya asks.

Klahadore steps in, almost like he controls her, "I'm sorry, Miss Kaya, but that is not possible."

"Maybe just a small piece?"

"Now, you know that certain foods can affect your constitution. Here, Buchi has prepared your special soup."

"Kaya, it's your birthday. You should eat whatever you want."

"Miss Kaya's medical condition necessitates that I closely monitor her dietary needs."

"Does that mean you also speak for her?"

Luffy again being Luffy, offers, "I'll take her fish."

Usopp gulps, and to direct the conversation in a different way, he questions, "Luffy, isn't there something that you wanted to talk to Kaya about?"

"Oh, yes! Usopp told me that you own the whole shipyard."

"Well, actually my parents founded the shipyard, and Merry's been running the business since... well, since they passed. But all of that's about to change. Tonight, at midnight, I will become the sole owner."

"Ah. Well, that's great, because we want to buy a ship from you."

Luffy continues the conversation, making a few questionable choices on what he revealed, such as, oh I don't know, being a pirate?

Usopp spit out his drink, Nami looked at Luffy dumfounded, I just shake my head in disappointment, while Zoro let out a, "Well this ought to be good."

Luffy then boasts about what we have accomplished, making all of us uncomfortable. Wow, that's crazy. Luffy continues to boast and announce unneeded information, but no body stops him. While announcing Luffy style, he steps onto the table and continues his speech. He eventually reaches Kaya, and motivates her opinion, as I could tell my her smile that was growing slowly.

"That will be quite enough!," Klahadore yells, scolding Luffy, "I should have known Usopp would bring riffraff to our doorstep."

"Klahadore, it's okay. I-," Kaya starts coughing.

"Now look at what you've done. You've upset Miss Kaya. All of you, out of this house at once!"

"No," Kaya states, shaking her head. "It's late. Let them stay the night."

Klahadore helps Kaya up while answering her, "Of course Miss Kaya, but they are out first thing in the morning." 

Kaya and Klahadore get out of the room, probably for Kaya to rest.

"That went well," Luffy says, "Don't you think?"

(A/N: Sorry for this, but for the duration of putting out chapters, please inform me if I publish a chapter with errors. Please and thank you :D)