7

Nami slightly leans closer to me and whispers, "Ooo, (Y/N)'s got a boyfriend."

"Shut up. Let's focus on finding Rubber-boy."

"Hey, you can't tell me that holding hands isn't a romantic gesture. Plus, if you haven't noticed already, he follows you around everywhere like a lost puppy," Nami points out in a know-it-all tone.

"Well you can also argue that holding hands could be a friendship thing-"

"Have you every seen him hold hands with literally anyone else?" Nami rebukes, emphasizing anyone.

"Look, there's Luffy," I announce, slightly frantic to change the subject.

Nami then takes the liberty to start talking with Luffy again. "There you are."

"Guys! I found it. I found our ship," Luffy declares, walking down stairs, "And this guy is gonna sell it to us."

A guy with an orange bandana comes down, and sort of unsurely opposes Luffy's idea. "Uh, wait. What? Uh..."

"Yeah! The ship, we'll take it."

"Technically she's not for sale," the guy says, confusing Luffy, "And technically, I'm not a salesman."

Nami, already fed up, asks, "Do you even work here?"

"Of course I do. I'm Chief Technician in charge of encrustation removal and aviary waste eradication."

Man, this guy is kind of pathetic. He really is just a cleaner.

"Encru- what?" Luffy asks, not understanding the 'big words'.

"He scrubs barnacles and cleans bird shit," Zoro spells it out for Luffy.

Nami starts to turn away, "He can't help us."

"Wait! Wait! Wait! I can help you. The owner of this ship just happens to be my closest friend in the world."

Kind of unbelievable, but not impossible. I've seen weirder stuff happen.

"Your friend owns this ship?" Nami asks, clearly showing her disbelief.

"Not just this one. She owns the whole shipyard. She's rich rich..."

This man just sounds like he has so much ego I swear-

"-I'm sure you could strike a deal with her."

Both Luffy and the bandana guy hits their leg, one in disbelief, one just for the sake of it.

Nami, being her very true and... kind self, smirks, "Well, I guess it couldn't hurt to say hello."

Me and Zoro just stood there, minds elsewhere.

Time Skip

"I've never seen a house so big before."

"Impressive, right? Kaya's given me an open invitation to drop by anytime I want."

"Wow. All this for just one person?"

"Well she lives here with her butler and a few other staff."

"Money really shows you who people truly are. Most people only care about themselves and what's theirs," Nami trauma dumps.

"Sounds like someone I know," Zoro remarks.

I lightly flick him for saying that, but still...

AGAIN WITH THE HANDHOLDING???

I mean at least it isn't the full hand holding shenanigans, but he is literally interlocking our pinky fingers together.

He is also acting like nothing is happening. At all.