4

Suddenly, the top of the cage is lifted up, and we are surrounded by a bunch of lights.

Clown music started playing, and a bunch of clowns started doing their tricks in front of us. One side of the cage also got lifted up, helping us see the show. More and more acrobats and clowns were starting to come into our view, as the sides of the cage also started being picked up and moved out of the way.

As I looked around, I saw all the audience looking solemn and unhappy, yet they were clapping. The more I observed, I realize that they are all being forced to stay in their seats. Our kidnapper probably enslaved all of these people, and took the island that we are on for their own.

Scared, and probably really unwillingly, the crowd cheered for the stunts and acrobats. Luffy being Luffy, also follows the mass's lead, and he starts clapping. Luckily, Nami hits Luffy's arm, indirectly telling him to stop.

Then, a man comes from probably a back room, with a really interesting looking hat on, complaining. "No. No, no, no, no. Stop clapping! No, stop! It's all wrong!"

The lights dimmed, only the spotlight shining, while he continued on, calling out the mistakes that the offenders made. "The spotlight was late. You completely missed my entrance," he reprimands, motioning to the spotlight shining on the guy dressed as a lion, then to himself. "And where, oh, where was the dancing lion?"

"Hey, I know you. I saw your wanted poster in Shells Town. You're the clown guy. Uhm, uh... Binky, right?" Luffy stupidly remarks, having no sense of danger.

"Buggy. Buggy the Clown. Buggy, the Flashy Fool. Buggy, the Genius Jester," Binky boasts.

Oh shit. I really just had to prophesize about this bumbling idiot.

"Wow. You have a lot of names," Luffy compliments, "I bet everyone in the East Blue knows who you are."

The audience gasps, and Buggy gets ticked off, "What did you just say?"

Luffy, being the clueless person that he is, repeats his sentence.

"Nose?!" Bug-eyes steps forward, squishing Luffy's face. Buggy's clown show follows in suit, taking a step closer to us, brandishing their weapons. "Are you making fun of my nose?"

Damn the insecurities run deep.

"Well... I wasn't. Now that you mention it, is that thing for real?" Luffy questions, reaching to touch it.

"What's real is I've been scheming for months to steal that map from old Axe-Hand Moron..." He goes closer to Nami and I, trying to figure out if it was a good joke or not. I hear Zoro stepping closer to us, cautious of Buggy. "Huh? Eh. ...only to find out that I was upstaged by four little nobodies, who stole it from right out under my no-- No! It's in my head now. Ah!" He groans, walking away.

"Hey! I'm not a nobody. I'm Monkey D. Luffy. And I will be King of the Pirates."

Buggy starts laughing at Luffy's introduction, "Oh! Now that's funny."

The lion guy shows a sign to the hostages to laugh, and the crowd complies with the demand. Buggy then shuts down the laughter after a few seconds.

"My bounty poster graces the marquee of every Marine outpost for miles. And my menagerie of outcasts and freaks is the most dreaded pirate crew the East Blue has ever known. I am destined to find the One Piece. And when I do, I will be King."

"No, you won't, 'cause I'm gonna find it first."

"You? Don't make me laugh," the audience starts laughing, and Buggy responds with, "I said don't make me laugh!"