War 37

Zelene's POV

“You are late.” Napalingon ako sa aking likod ng marinig ang isang baritong tinig. Kasama niya ang mga miyembro ng Cards pero nakakapagtakang kulang ng isa.

“Sakto lang ako,”

“Nasaan ang Joker?” Dagdag kong tanong dito. He smirked, “Just around…” Sabi pa niya.

I just shrugged before watching the two cars fighting to get into the finish line. The Joker was the only one who cannot bear racing with cars. He says he doesn't like it and he was not used to it. Nananalo naman kami kahit kulang kami ng isa kahit papaano. So we are not worrying that much. This is just for fun. Yes, ‘fun’.

Someone’s POV (Ang King ‘to, guys..)

I took a sip of my drink and observed the surroundings, ignoring my talkative members. They have been talking about nonsense things nonstop since we got here except for Ace who has also been quiet, as usual.

The main gate of the place opened indicating someone had arrived. I stared at the woman who entered badassly wearing that freaking mask of hers. I frown when my eyes darted to a 6 footer man who followed her, plus, they were fucking talking up so close as he held her hand. Who is he? As far as I remember, she does not have any members that tall. Is he disguising? He is wearing their mask.

She tapped him before walking once again and the stray dog followed her again.

“Tss.” I rolled my eyes behind my mask. I feel irritated and I do not know why. I gulped my drink and asked for another shot which they did. Napatingin ako kay Ace nang mapansing nakatingin ito sa akin. I raised my brows at him which made him chuckle a little. What’s his problem?

“What?”

He cleared his throat before shaking his head, “Nothing at all.”

He is always quiet and you always do not know what is going on inside his head. But he sure is good when it comes to knowledge. Ang dami niyang naiaambag sa grupo.

I stood up from my seat making everyone look at me in confusion.

“Where are you going, King? The game hasn't started yet. We can't split up.” The Jack asked.

“To the Queen.”

I rolled my eyes when I heard a ‘Ohhh” sound from them. Tss, They always give everything a meaning.

"Is she already here?"

"Yeah."

I folded my sleeve mid way and started walking towards their direction. I can feel the others following me behind gossiping. They are acting like I can't hear them.

“This place is illegal and DANGEROUS for YOU, got me?” I stopped on my track when I heard the guy's voice. It is vaguely familiar.

“Oh, please, kilala na ako sa lugar na ‘to. No one will harm us–nor ME.”

Before the dog could say anything, I immediately interrupted them.

"You are late." I said. She turned to look at me, and didn't really care about what I had just said.

"Sakto lang ako," Sabi niya. My eyes traveled to the guy, he was already looking at me. I almost laughed because of this realization. This is just great.

"Nasaan ang Joker?" Napalingon muli ako sa babae na nasa harapan ko, nagtataka ang kanyang mukha nang mapatingin sa mga kasama ko.

"Just around…" I can't help but to smirk. I glanced at him, how did he end up being with her?