Chapter 6

Cora

His intense gaze gives me the impression that my whole body is on fire.

I can't remember the last time I had felt this wanted. This needed to someone.

He is staring at my lips and I am staring at his.

I couldn't hear the music anymore, nor the people around us. There was nothing else but his breathing and his hand gently gliding from my waist to my cheek before tucking my hair behind my ear.

Suddenly my phone starts to ring from my purse that I had taken with me to the dance floor.

I almost jump to the sound of it.

I am perplexed as to why I want Adam to put his hands back on me after he abruptly removed both of them off of me.

"I'll leave you to it." He says and leaves me alone.

I feel people staring at me and my phone is ringing for the second time.

I take a deep breath and immediately begin to search for the closest escape.

"Babe! Where were you?" Leo is yelling at me from my phone.

"At my best friend's wedding." I hiss at him, both mad and grateful for him interrupting probably my biggest mistake.

"I miss you, I have been thinking about you all day. I'm really sorry for yesterday, I didn't want to lose my temper with you like that." He says in a calm voice now and I shake my head, feeling so confused.

I can't go back there and face Adam.

Of course I can. Nothing happened. We just talked and danced.

"It's okay, Ad.., um, Leo."

Intense panic strikes through me and I can't believe myself.

"What? I can't hear you very well with all the music." I hear Leo saying and I almost want to thank God for saving me once again.

"I'll call you tomorrow, okay?"

"Don't you dare just hang up on me."

"Love you too." I let out and end our talk.

As I start to walk back in, I hope that Adam had went somewhere, anywhere else other than his seat.

But there he was, sitting in his perfect suit, with his perfect hair, scanning the whole room but not particularly paying attention to anyone.

This night is no near the end, so there is no way of escaping him.

Once he sees me, he gives me a little nod and a smile.

"Everything alright?"

He looks unfazed with what had just happened and it makes me feel and look crazy, because he is right. Nothing had really happened.

Then why does it feel like as though everything had happened?

"Yes, everything is fine, thank you for asking." I sit down, feeling myself calm down a little bit.

"I feel like I should say something." He starts to say while he is looking at me.

How does he do that? Never breaking the eye contact.

"No, it's.." I look back at him.

"But I am not going to say that I am sorry."

Oh

I don't know what to say back to him. So I say nothing and just nod.

He smiles.

"Just no more dancing." I say and it makes him smile even more.