Chapter 18

Cora
18+

I keep checking the time on my phone.

I am sitting on Adam's couch, in Adam's living room, staring outside the big windows. Vincent is peacefully sleeping next to me.

I check the time again. Where is he?

I'm hesitant to share my emotions with him because I fear he may not be willing to accept them, but I don't know what else to do.

I can't even wrap my head around how much I actually feel for him.

I ache for him in places I didn't know I could ache.

Around 3 in the morning I finally hear his car pulling in the driveway.

I have been wondering about what I am going to say for hours, but now when I know that he will be stepping in any second now, I can't seem to find words. Any words, actually.

"Cora, why are you still up?" Adam rushes in, his shoes and jacket is still on. Vincent starts jumping up and down, but Adam tells him to sit.

"Did something happen?" He comes closer to me, kneeling down on one knee in front of me.

I don't know where to look.

"Cora?" He is starting to sound concerned as he touches my hair to get them out of my face and puts them behind my ear.

"I'm just not tired and I was worried about you. About your mom." I finally look at him.

His beauty is just unmatched.

Every time I see him staring at me like this, my insides are just turning up and down.

But something is different now. His stare is almost even more intense than how it is usually.

"What is it?" I whisper, unintentionally already leaning closer to his face.

"I had no idea that it is possible that you would look even more beautiful than how you do.." He starts to whisper back and he is now staring at the strap of my shirt that has fallen off my shoulder.

"But?"

"But here you are, in my living room, on my couch, waiting for me."

"Adam, I-" I feel like there is no air in this room.

"I will kiss you, Cora." He whispers and then the next second his lips are on mine. He gently bites my lower lip before pulling back.

"I will kiss every part of your body." He moves down to my neck, as he is saying.

"I will make you scream my name." His hands are cold, but I don't care.

"You are mine, Cora." He then whispers and I can't hold it anymore. I need him everywhere.

I slam my mouth against his, while we move ourselves onto the couch. I take off his jacket, he takes off his shoes and then his shirt.

"Did you miss me too?" I manage to get out between our kissing and biting and moaning.

"You're all I ever think about."

He says all the right things.

This should scare me. He could change his mind again.

"Have you eaten?" He looks up as he is kissing my bare chest.

"Shut up!" I exclaim, my hands are in his hair.

He gives me a smile and then lifts me up.

"Where are we going?" I chuckle. He is still kissing my neck.

"I think you deserve better than just couches." His voice is deep and dark.

It's hard to tell who wants whom more.

He puts me down once we are in his bedroom. It is dark here, but the room is filled with dim light from the other lights that are on in the living room.

His hair is all messy, he is shirtless and he is looking at me with so much lust. I could come undone right this second just from this.

"Adam, you have to get a new bed, I don't want to be thinking about all the other girls." I tease as he is pushing me down onto his bed.

Suddenly he stops kissing me.

I can't believe I just ruined it.

But then he says something I could have never been prepared to hear.

"No one has ever slept here besides me." He whispers.

There is just no way.

"No woman has even ever been inside my house, Cora." He is playing with our fingers and I can feel tears forming inside my eyes.

"What did I say?" He slowly wipes away the tears from my eyes before leaning in to gently kiss my eyelids.

"I'm so sorry for everything that's ever happened to you." I touch his face.

I know that there is way more than just an unstable mom.

"Can I do all the things to you that I said earlier?" He gets on top of me.

"Please!" I whisper. More like, I pant out.

We move fast, our bodies feel like they are on fire. Before I can notice, I am naked under him. Our movements stop.

"I can't believe you are real." He is placing kisses on my breasts, then my stomach.

I don't think I have ever felt this good, excited even, to be naked for someone.

"I can't believe that you are real." I whisper back to him and by the looks of it, that makes him want me even more.

"Do you have, um..?"

It is probably a very dumb question. He is Adam Hayes after all.

"Right, sorry, one second!" He jumps up and leaves the room, his bulge pressing out of his pants so much that it almost looks impossible.

What if it actually hurts?

He storms back in the room, with a new box of condoms in his hands.

"I actually stopped at a gas station on my way back home, since I couldn't stop thinking about you in my bed and since I didn't have any condoms." He is smiling, his eyes are full of joy.

I feel like we've known each other forever.

He is still standing, so I sit on my knees at the end of the bed, starting to unbutton his pants.

"Adam Hayes, out of condoms?" I kiss just a little above to where his pants are and look up to him.

"Well, there has been this one girl on my mind constantly."

His pants are off, I can't help but exhale really loud once seeing him. All of him.

He slowly stops me from getting to him and pushes me onto the pillows.

"Let me make sure you feel good first."

Once he is inside of me, a groan escapes from both of our mouths.

"I waited for you all my life." He says and I dig my nails into his back, making his head fall back.

He moves slow at first, making sure we both get comfortable with each other bodies.

If this is what it means to have sex, I think this is my first time.

"Cora, if you won't stop looking at me like that, I will finish in the next three seconds."