Chapter 10

Cora

The day with Anna goes by too quickly. We go shopping for last minute swimsuits and sunscreen, we eat ice cream and talk about the rest of their wedding night after I left.

"You have no idea how gutted Adam looked after you left. It is almost weird to see emotions on his face."

I can't help but feel a little joy.

"Oh, speaking of Adam, I got the wedding pictures. They're not printed out, but you have to see this!" She looks at her phone for a minute before giving it to me.

I hold my breath.

It is a picture of us dancing.

Adam is slightly leaning in to tell me something while smirking and I am laughing.

I am looking in his eyes and he is very noticeably staring at my mouth and lips.

His hands are so big on my waist and back that they cover almost most of it.

We look like we just fit.

We look beautiful.

"Well, what do you think?" When I am probably staring at the picture for way too long, Anna asks.

"Um, it is a nice picture." I can't hide my smile.

"What is going on between you two?" She exclaims, clapping her hands.

"He left me his number with the receptionist, but I never got the chance to actually get it, because I was already in the cab." I shrug.

"No way! Adam Hayes left you his number?" She yells out.

"Yes, why?" I laugh.

"From all the stories I've heard, Adam has never given his number to any girl. That's like his thing."

"So he fucks and leaves?" I snort out.

"Mhm, something like that." Anna joins my laughter.

"Well, now I really do feel special!" I put my hand over my heart and sigh.

We laugh for a while.

"Never fuck Adam, because he leaves, understood." I say, after we calm down a little bit.

"You slut! What are you thinking about right now?" Anna hits my shoulder with hers as we start walking back to her apartment.

"He is huge. Have you seen his hands?"

"Cora, if you don't shut up!"

———

Me and Theo are sitting on the couch while Anna is running from one room to another, throwing clothes.

Chloe is already comfortably positioned herself on my lap.

"I really don't want you guys to go!" I chuckle while we hear cursing from their bedroom.

"That's why Anna always told you to come visit." Theo smiles while massages his head with his fingers, probably from Anna's activities.

"I've been missing out." I state when Anna finally comes out with her suitcase half open.

"Husband, please!" She cries out, but Theo is already up on his feet and has walked over to her to help her.

As Anna scans the room for any possible forgotten items, I check if I know the place for necessities, such as TV remote, dish washer capsules, Chloe's food.

I really wouldn't like disturbing them by asking silly questions.

Suddenly I hear a noise and the door breaks open.