Chapter 11

Cora

"Do you like sushi?"

"It is my favorite food." I smile at him and he looks proud of himself.

"If you are planning on saying something like you are just like every other girl, then you can save it!" I say before he gets the chance to reply.

"I was going to ask you, if you would like to go out to eat with me, Cora."

"Oh.." I whisper, feeling embarrassed.

"You are no near like other women." Adam whispers too and I can see how he moves closer to me but then stops himself from whatever he wanted to do.

"I could really use a talk with you. Feels like forever since I last saw you." He then says, leaving me once again speechless.

There is just no explanation in the whole word that could describe how well this man presents himself. How well he talks. How well he knows when and where to look. What to touch. When to joke and when to be serious.

I check the time. It is almost midnight.

"Are you tired?" He then asks, as if he could read minds.

"I think almost everything is closed this late, Adam."

"Then we can order it." He smiles. After that a yawn follows.

"Are you tired?" I ask.

He looks tired.

"No." He raises his eyebrow and gives me a little smile.

"Let me order it then, okay?"

I nod. My stomach growls. Adam laughs.

I feel like I will go insane.

"I will go shower and wear something more comfortable while we wait." I say and before getting an answer, I am already walking to the guest bathroom.

I close the door and lean against it, with my back pressed on it. I run my fingers through my hair and I look into the mirror.

My eyes are full of joy.

While I wait for the water to warm up, I finally let the fact that Adam is in the next room sink in.

Is this destiny? Or is the world punishing me, making me spend the night with Adam when there is only one bed?

Then I hear knocking and I jump to the sound of it.

"Can I come in?" Adam asks in a low voice, making me want to say "please, come on in", while I am standing here fully naked.

I quickly turn off the water and wrap myself in the first towel that I can find.

Of course, the towel is the size of a shirt, covering almost nothing.

I open the door for him, but not fully wide open, hoping there is not much to see from where he is standing.

His eyes widens as they are traveling up and down my bare skin.

"Are you done staring?" I cough nervously.

"Not yet!" He holds up his finger, still having his eyes on my legs.

I start to laugh.

"Do you like wine? I was thinking of going to the closest market to get us some wine, but maybe you are a beer girl."

"I am definitely not a beer girl." I say with a serious look on my face and Adam smiles.

"Good. Neither am I."