Chapter 12

Adam

Her small body fits on mine perfectly.

Her skin on my skin. Our bodies tessellate.

Her eyes are wide and big and she is holding her breath, but she isn't moving.

"Because I want to do it right with you." I say quietly.

"Is this right?" She moves her arms up and down to point at our intertwined bodies.

"You are not exactly protesting against this, are you?" I tease.

I love to see her biting her lip whenever she gets nervous and how she can't look me in the eyes when that happens.

She smells like heaven.

"It feels right." She barely whispers and I almost can't hear it, but I can read it from her lips.

Feels like these three words were all that I have been looking for my whole life.

I cup her ass with my hands, as I rock my hips into hers, pressing my tightness onto her.

I can feel her body shiver and her head drops down on my shoulder.

"Tell me you want this, Cora." I say while I am leaning down to her ear.

"Adam.." She whispers and her breathing is loud.

I kiss behind her ear.

"Tell. Me. You. Want. Me." I let out one word each time as I am moving my mouth from her jaw to her collarbone.

In this moment, she is mine. Or maybe I am hers. It doesn't matter to me.

Her head falls back as she quietly moans.

She looks so beautiful.

My erection grows even bigger in size, if that is possible and I make her feel it as well.

Suddenly her hand falls down and she interlocks her fingers around my size. I groan in a surprise.

She looks at me with flushed cheeks.

"If you want to do things right, then you can't fuck me." She says, leaning in, making me groan again, because her hand is still around my dick or maybe because her lips are dangerously close to mine.

She places a small kiss at the corner of my mouth, then glides her tongue over my upper lip.

This woman will be the death of me.

"Not until I talk with Leo." She then says and gets up.

She looks so happy, as I groan in disappointment and rest my head against the couch with my eyes closed.

"A way to ruin the mood." I scoff with my dick pulsating almost.

"Goodnight, Adam." She whispers. Her thrilling smile hasn't left her face.

As she is walking to the guest room, I look how her pants are fitting her ass perfectly.

My whole body aches for her to be close to me again so much that I almost run to get her back on me.

She is right, though.

And if I want to do things right with a woman for the first time in my life, then it is definitely with Cora.

So I keep telling that to my swelling dick over and over again, until it starts to calm down a little bit.

But then I start to think about her flushed cheeks, or how her ass feels in my hands, or how she moans and it is right back to where we started.

I find one small blanket rolled in the basket next to the couch and smile to myself, knowing that she is getting a good night's sleep.

What the fuck is happening?

I value comfort the most, but I am smiling at the fact that I am sleeping on a small couch with a small blanket, because it means that she will be comfortable.

My head is spinning from all the thoughts, once my head hits the couch and I cover my legs with the blanket, that are sticking out of this shitty couch.

But I will gladly sleep here for the next week, if that means that I get to see her.

Fuck, I would sleep here forever, if it would mean having her in my life.

I wait until she is done in the bathroom and settled into her room and then go to brush my teeth.

My own thoughts are scaring me, I almost feel like I want to puke.

She is the most astonishing woman I have ever seen.

She is kind and considerate, her hair falls perfectly down her shoulders, she snorts when she laughs and she calls my name when I kiss her neck.

She is my happiness.

Success don't go well with happiness.

When happiness is taken away from you, it can cost you your success as well.

And knowing that the happiness can change in a second, makes me want to call a taxi to the airport right now.

I reach for my phone and scroll through some updates on the case. My head is loud already as it is. I will worry about this tomorrow.

I put on white sounds and place my phone under one of the couch pillows that I kept here with me and hope that it will do the trick.

I have tried every option there is by now.

Truth be told, I haven't slept well since what happened with Luke 12 years ago. It keeps coming back to me in my dreams every goddamn night.

My mother made me go to see multiple therapists when I was a kid, Theo got me sleeping pills from his doctor, but nothing helped me in the long run.

Being a lawyer is what keeps me going. It keeps it from coming back to me during the days, at least, because I know that I am doing it for him.

I sigh and close my eyes, trying to concentrate on the sounds, but Cora's annoyingly perfect face creeps into my mind.

Her room is awfully quiet.

I wonder if she can just fall asleep easily after all this tension.

I hope that she can't.