CHAPTER 1- A Glimpse into our lives

© 2015 Affs23 All Rights Reserved

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author / publisher.

This book is a work of fiction. The characters, dialogues and incidents used in this book are products of the author's imagination. Any references to events, establishments, or locales are intended to only give the fictional tale a sense of reality and authenticity. Personal opinions stated in this book are not meant by any means to hurt, harm or violate anyone's feelings.
---------------------------------------------------------

FAMILY INTRODUCTION:

Sara: Khadija's mother

Ahmed: Khadija's father

Yaqub: Khadija's younger brother, 15 years old.

Uthman: Khadija's brother, 8 years old.

ADEEL'S FAMILY:

Zainab: Adeel's mother

Yousuf: Adeel's father

Maryam: Adeel's sister, 14 years old

Ibrahim: Adeel's brother,9 years old

________________________________________________________________

Khadija's pov:

As I finish praying Fajr( the first prayer of the day) I start making my Dua and then recite the Quran till Ishraq( not obligatory, should be prayed after sunrise). After praying Ishraq, I lay back down on my bed and close my eyes for an hour before I go back to join school to teach.

 Yes, I am a doctor but I am going to teach for a year because it has always been my dream to teach, so after teaching, I'm going to join a hospital soon InshaAllah( Allah willingly).

"Trrriiinnnnnnnnnng trrriiiiiiiiing, wake uppppppppppppppp wake uppppppppppppppp" my alarm goes off at 7. I wake up and change into a pink skirt with a white shirt and pin my hijab(headscarf). I go down and say Salam to my mother who is making breakfast for my father, who is still taking bath. I have my usual chocolate muffin and coffee and start wearing my socks as I cover my feet.

Right at that moment Yaqub enters yelling "Mama, did you see my English notebook?"

"It's there on the sofa" she replied.

"Stop being so careless, you are 16 years old!" I said. "Hey, I'm only 15 and what is your problem? Just keep quiet!" he answered back.

"Yaqub" my father said sternly, "is this the way to talk to your sister?" "Sorry" he said

I gave him a slight smirk, which made him even more angry. "Papa, we are getting late, let's go" I said.

"Yaqub and Uthman, your driver will be here, don't be late" Dad told them. "Let's go Khadija."

"Just one minute" I replied as I rushed to get my plain black abaya
I wore my abaya and quickly put on my Niqab( veil to cover the face). I bid goodbye to my mom and head to school, excitedly.......................................................................................................................................................................................

Adeel's pov:

After dropping Maryam and Ibrahim at school, I finally reached my office. I sat on my black revolving office chair and relaxed before I started working. My first client was so-not-my-favourite. Ms.Williams was a lady who always wants attention, her clothes are always too tight and it makes me uncomfortable, so today I asked my father to accompany me, thinking she would behave a little in presence of an elder.

After an hour with Ms.Williams and Thank God she didn't try any of her stupid trick trying to grab attention, I sat back, leaning against the chair, when there was a knock on the door. "Come in" I said. It was my father. "Oh Papa, what's the matter? Something wrong?" I asked. "No dear, I just wanted to talk to you about something important, but not here, maybe after Dhuhr( second prayer of the day), we can have lunch together and go on a walk, if that's okay with you?" he asked

"Uh, yeh, sure" I replied "I will see you in Masjid, okay"

And with a nod, my father left my room, leaving me confused with thousands of questions running in my mind.