Chapter 5-Special Guests

Adeel's pov:

When I entered the dining room, I sensed something fishy because Dad and Mom seemed over excited because of the huge grin they wore on their faces but Maryam seemed upset , maybe because Ibrahim had a day off from school but she didn't I assumed.

"Asslamualaykum Adeel, have a seat, Zainab please bring his food and come fast so we can tell him" my dad said.

"Walaikumassalam, what is it?" I asked

"Here I am," Mom said as she sat in her chair beside Dad.

"I'm going, my bus will be here" Maryam got up from the table and while leaving she whispered "She isn't good, not for you, and I will never like her!"

"What?" I asked her confused.

"Dear, you listen to us" Dad said addressing me "We have a girl in mind for you.." he disclosed as I spit out my orange juice.

"Sorry Dad what?" I asked them astonished.

"Yes, and we want you to meet her, they are coming over today! So please be here on time.Okay?" my Mom completed, making herself clear.

"But Mom,..." I trailed off fighting in my mind if I should tell them about the stranger Khadija or not but I'm not even sure if she is married or not.

"No buts, we just want you to meet her and then you can take your decision, no pressure" she said as she cleared the dining table.

"And Adeel, we just want you meet her once, if you don't like her it's okay! Just because you have to meet her doesn't mean you have to marry her. Okay son?" Dad explained.

"But who is she?" I asked

"You remember Afra, she visited us 5 years ago, my friend's daughter?" Dad said as I tried to remember and then it came back to my mind. "Oh yes I do" I said and now I understood why Mariam whispered that into my ear but truly I never liked her, I know it is wrong to judge but I think she is too proud, arrogant which are the qualities of Allah only and she was never the type of girl I would want to marry, but as Dad said one meeting and then it's my decision.

"When? What time?" I asked Dad

"Dinner, our place at 8" Dad answered

"Hmm.Okay!" was all I managed to reply.

"This is going to be a long day, a very long and unexpected day" I thought and I knew it wasn't going to end well for some reason.

____________________________________________________________________________

Khadija's pov:

"MOM, WHEN IS SHE GOING TO GET MARRIED SO WE CAN GET RID OF HER?" Yaqub screamed turning his face towards Mom.

"I don't know, but soon InshaAllah, I hope so" she answered

"Mooooooommmmmm please" I whined "And Yaqub why don't you get married first? What is your problem?" I asked

"Well, we all know you are going to get married first! AND MY PROBLEM is you.You keep teasing me and don't even let me play peacefully. You keep disturbing me when I play." he answered,

"Well, thats because you are my lil brooooo" I said as I pulled his cheeks.

"Hey, move away!" and he ran away.

Suddenly the door bell rang "Mom, I guess the special person is finally here" I screamed as I adjusted my hijab and niqab and I said special because of the special preparation was going on in my house, Mom was baking a cake, making lasagne, pizza and I don't know what else more!

When I opened the door, I jumped and shouted so loud that even the neighbours would have heard it because the most special people were there. My best friends, Hafsa, Ayesha and Layla were here back from New York the place I left 2 years ago because of my university,Cambridge.

"Assalamualaikum" I greeted, removed my niqab and we did a group hug. "I missed you all way tooooooo much" I said dragging the too.

"We missed you too" they said in unison.

They are a very important part of my life.They make me smile and laugh! And are always there for me Alhamdulillah!

After 4 hours of talking and eating pasta and other delicious food, we decided to head up to pray Isha.

After praying Isha ,Ayesha asked "So Khadija, when are you getting married?"

"What? I don't know and forget it!" I replied

"No, see I'm nikhafied and so is Hafsa and Layla is getting nikhafied two weeks later, you are the only one left, and not to forget you didn't attend mine or anyone else's Nikah"

"Yeh, thats because I had my exams and I am coming to Layla's Nikah with you all . Okay. And whenever Allah wills, I will find someone! Now let's sleep" I said

And we all made ourselves comfortable as I thought if I would ever find my Mr.Right, a good Muslim InshaAllah, but I trust Allah, so I know I will find him at the time He has destined for us to meet and I drifted off to sleep.