Chapter 6-I knew this isn't going to be good

Khadija's pov:

"Girls get down fast, you will be late!" mom called out. We all were going for shopping for Layla's nikkah and I had to buy some clothes for my visit to New York.

"I'm done guys" I informed my friends as I held the shopping bags up for them to see. I bought some jeans, shirts, coats but it didn't matter because I was going to have my abaya with me.

Hafsa bought a green maxi with golden border around the neck and the waist, Ayesha boought a blue dress, which was Umar's, her husband's favourite colour, I bought a baby pink dress, with silver sequin work and net sleeves. While the bride bought a golden maxi with beautiful embroidery.

After buying dresses we bought matching heels, jewellery and hijabs, even though the hijabs weren't required as it wasn't going to be a mixed gathering but we would need it when Layla's husband would come.

So after shopping, having lunch, we returned back home and prayed Asr, and recited the Quran.

We were watching our favourite show, when Mom entered and said "Khadija you better start packing soon, because you take a lot of time to pack!." "But mom, I have one week, I will do it later" I answered. "You always say that and you have just 6 more days, not the whole week, considering you won't do anything today" she reminded.

"Okay I will do it with them", I answered pointing my finger towards my friends, "And Mom, we all are going, so why shouldn't they pack?" I asked grumpily.

Mom chuckled and said "Yes, you all should too!"

"Hey guys, what are our flight timings?" I asked.

" 7 in morning." Hafsa answered while looking at her phone.

"Oh no, it means getting up early and I might miss my morning jog" I said and noticed that Hafsa wasn't listening cuz she was busy smiling at a text.

"Oh, is it from your hubbyyyyy, Faiz Hafsooo?" I asked

She blushed and smacked me playfully. "Shut up Khadija!"

"What does it say?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing, you should know"

"Oh please, I thought we shared everything" I whined

"Well, it just says that he misses me" she answered as she blushed

"Oooohhhhhh! someone misses Hafsa" I teased

"I'm gonna do the same when you get married InshaAllah"

"We too will tease her" the other two, who weren't paying attention a while before said.

"Whatever!" I said "Let's go and have ice cream"

And right at moment Uthman entered and said "Me too"

"Yes you too, my baby" I said as I picked him up.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Adeel's pov:

Here I was sitting with Afra and her brother sitting not far from us.

My thoughts about Afra were right, she wore too tight clothes and had a scarf around her neck, and from what she had told me, she loved to go out with friends, which also included boys. She didn't have any plans of covering and I found out she only prayed Jummah(Friday prayer) if she had time.

"Well! My answer is no" I thought.

Mariam didn't even come down, to meet Uncle and Aunty, she stayed up in her room, making up an excuse of a stomach ache.

As I was lost in my thoughts Afra said "So have you thought what your answer is going to be?" she asked

"Um..what is your answer?" I asked

"See, no offence, but you are a nice guy but I think you deserve someone better than me. I'm not of your type" and I laughed a little "And I don't want both of us to suffer after marriage, so I don't think so we should go ahead. What do you say?"

I kept my gaze down and answered"I think the same, so no bad feelings?" I asked

"No, not at all" she answered and I learned one thing that not all these girls are bad at heart, they just need some guidance to be on the right path.

A while later after they left, I changed and prayed Isha

"Dear, you will find someone else, to be honest I didn't like her too" Mom said coming from behind me.

I turned around, from my prayer mat and said "InshaAllah mom, there is no hurry and I knew this wasn't going to be good, so I'm okay!"

"Well, there is another girl..." and I interrupted her

"No, no Mom, please. stop for a while, later please? I need some time" I pleaded.

"Okay" and she gave a warm smile and a hug and left. As soon as she left, Mariam entered and gave me a big hug "Alhamdulillah, you didn't say yes, I'm so happy" she screamed

"I will always consider your choice Mariam" I said

"I love you" she said

"I love you too" I said and a while later she left.

As I layed down on my bed and thought about Khadija, I think I should really talk to Dad before the end of this week, and as one day has passed I have 6 more days but Dad is leaving tomorrow ,Sunday, and will be back 4 days later so I will have to talk on the fifth day, Friday so he can think about it.

I really hope this works! I thought