Chapter 58-Patience and Duas

A/N-Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wa barakatuh, I hope you all have been good and everything is going okay In shaa Allah, it feels so good to be back. I know its been long, but I had exams, and I really needed to stay away from writing my book to focus on that and OMG LIFE, there was so much happening at once plus my laptop's screen broke, so like I got my laptop yesterday and started writing yesterday annnddd I finished my last exam during Ramadan and then you all know my rule(no writing during Ramadan) because we need that month to focus on ourselves and become better version of ourselves, But A VERY BELATED RAMADAN MUBARAK AND EID MUBARAKKKK, I hope you all had a blessed month nd a happy Eid. Anyway I know it was very frustrating for you all to wait, but trust me it was even harder for me, but Alhamdulillah i managed to finish this chapter in a day. I know it's not super long but in future In shaa Allah. Anyway ya'all I'm sorry for the delay, but please try and understand my situation too and the fact that your author too has a life LOOL.

Anyway I hope you all enjoy this, leave your feedback in comments and also In shaa Allah, i will try publishing the next chapter tomorrow and get back to writing Forbidden Love too, nd if you don't know about 'Forbidden Love' then do check out my books, tenks.

Okay I'm done. Enjoy.....

________________________________________________________________

Adeel's POV:

It had been 2 hours in the waiting room, which felt like an eternity, Everyone was praying silently, praying for everything to be okay, for my Khadija to be okay. The doctors were doing a complete checkup and I waited in anticipation. I walked in the corridor, waiting for the doctors to come out with good news. A few minutes of more waiting, I went and sat down, when the doctor came running towards me.

"Mr.Adeel?" she called out, looking at everyone present in the area

"Yes" I stood up, as my heart started beating faster than ever

"I need your permission for something. Im handling your wifes case and im sorry to inform you but we can either save your wife or the baby. The choice is yours and has to be made quickly. She's losing blood" she spoke as quickly as she could

My mind went blank. I stood there shocked. I felt I would collapse,

"Answer her" Khadija's father placed his hand on my shoulder. I hadn't realized that he was there too

Tears started crawling down my cheeks and all the memories started coming back to me

"My wife please...save her, Please" I pleaded

She nodded and scurried away

I sat down on the chair, defeated. All the flashbacks started. Everything came back to me.

I regretted the moments I had missed with Khadija whilst I was away from her, because of my own self and my own foolishness.

My tongue started muttering prayers and the tears kept flowing

"Have Sabr. It will be okay" Khadija's father whispered as he held my shoulder.

I looked at him and felt like a failure. I failed to take care of her treasure, the treasure he had handed to me, my Khadija, his Khadija., I failed as a husband, as his son in law, as a son to my parents and perhaps as a father too.

"I'm sorry Papa, I...I couldn't take good care of her. Please forgive me" I cried

"Son, it's okay. Trust me I couldn't have prayed and asked for a better son and husband for my Khadija. Everything will be okay" he said with a smile