Chapter 12

Third person's pov

Taehyung couldn't help but feel the weight of his carefully crafted facade as he stood before the mirror in his room.

With a hesitant hand, he reached up and slowly began to take away the mask that concealed his true face.

The cool air brushed against his skin as his face was exposed, revealing the man behind the enigmatic exterior.

He gazed at his reflection, his dark eyes meeting those of the person he had hidden for so long. His features were well-defined, but there was a hardness in his gaze, a mask of a different kind that he wore even without the physical one.

In a barely audible whisper, he admitted to himself, "I wish I could be good-looking."

It was a rare moment of vulnerability, a glimpse into the inner turmoil that Taehyung kept hidden from the world. Beneath the layers of power and control, there was a longing for acceptance,

But as quickly as the moment of vulnerability had appeared, Taehyung pushed it away. He donned his mask once more, concealing his true self from even his own reflection.

The world would see only what he wanted them to see, and his secrets would remain his own, buried deep beneath the surface.

In the depths of the night, the mansion was shrouded in silence,

In Jungkook's room,

The moon cast a ghostly glow through the curtains, illuminating the scene.

Within his room, Jungkook thrashed in his sleep, sweat glistening on his brow as he wrestled with haunting nightmare. His voice trembled with distress as he muttered, "Leave, Mom... please..."

His distress escalated, and suddenly, he erupted into a heart-wrenching scream, the sound reverberating through the quiet mansion.

His eyes remained tightly shut, trapped in the clutches of the nightmare that held him captive.

Taehyung, who had been sleeping in his own room, was roused by the blood-curdling scream. His reaction was swift and calculated as he shot out of bed and flicked on the lights.

He strode across the hallway and entered Jungkook's room, where the younger man continued to thrash and scream.

Without a hint of warmth, Taehyung approached the bed and seized Jungkook's shoulders, shaking him forcefully. "Wake up," he commanded,  "It's just a dream. Jungkook Wake up."

Jungkook's abrupt awakening from his nightmare was accompanied by a loud gasp, his chest heaving as he fought to regain his composure. In his disoriented state, he found himself instinctively reaching out for the closest presence, which happened to be Taehyung.

Taken aback by this unexpected physical contact, Taehyung attempted to pull Jungkook away. His movements were controlled and precise,

But Jungkook's grip was surprisingly tight, his arms clinging to Taehyung's frame as if seeking refuge from his own inner turmoil.

Taehyung, reacted with a detached pragmatism. He offered a slight, almost reluctant, pat on Jungkook's head, his masked face giving away nothing. "It was just a dream," he murmured, his tone void of emotion.

Suddenly, Jungkook seemed to snap back to reality, as if realizing the intimacy of the moment. He pushed Taehyung away with a jolt, his eyes red and filled with a mix of embarrassment and frustration.

"Why are you hugging me?" he snapped, his voice wavering between anger and vulnerability. "

Taehyung regarded Jungkook with his usual cool detachment, unfazed by the outburst. "You hugged me, I didn't hugged you."