Chapter 39

Third person's pov

After a few days.......

In the warm glow of the kitchen, Taehyung busied himself with the final touches of a special cake he had been crafting for Jungkook. The aroma of sweetness filled the air, and the anticipation of the surprise was palpable.

Jungkook, growing impatient in the bedroom, couldn't resist the temptation of finding out what Taehyung was up to.

With adorable impatience, he shuffled toward the kitchen, his steps resembling a penguin waddle.

As Jungkook approached, he decided to surprise Taehyung with a backhug. His arms circled around Taehyung's waist, and he rested his cheek against Taehyung's back. Taehyung turned around, the corners of his lips curving into a loving smile as he realized his surprise had been discovered.

"Just a minute, baby," Taehyung teased, but Jungkook wasn't one to wait when curiosity got the better of him.

In the blink of an eye, Jungkook was in the kitchen, his eyes twinkling with mischief. "What are you making, Tae?" he asked, peeking over Taehyung's shoulder.

Taehyung revealed the masterpiece – a cute cake adorned with vibrant colors and sprinkles. Jungkook's eyes widened in pleasant surprise, his excitement bubbling to the surface. "Is this for me?" he asked, his voice filled with a childlike delight.

Taehyung nodded, a proud grin on his face. "Of course, it's for you, my love."

Unable to contain his joy, Jungkook grabbed a fork and took a generous bite of the cake. The taste exploded on his taste buds, and he couldn't help but make expressive faces that mirrored his enjoyment.

Taehyung watched with sheer happiness, finding Jungkook's reactions utterly delightful.

As Jungkook indulged in the sweet treat, there was a mischievous glint in his eyes. Before Taehyung could anticipate his next move, Jungkook smeared a bit of the cake on his face. A streak of frosting adorned Taehyung's cheek.

Taehyung blinked in surprise, and then a playful smirk crept across Jungkook's face. "Oops, my bad," he teased, pretending innocence.

Taehyung dipped his finger into the cake and retaliated. A gentle swipe left a streak of frosting on Jungkook's cheek. The playful exchange continued, with laughter echoing in the kitchen.

Then, in a sweet gesture, Taehyung leaned in and licked the frosting off Jungkook's cheek. The intimate moment brought a warmth that surpassed the sweetness of the cake. Their laughter subsided into soft smiles, and their eyes locked in a tender gaze.

"You're sweeter than the cake, you know that?" Taehyung whispered, cupping Jungkook's face.

Jungkook blushed, his cheeks dusted with a light pink. "Only because I have you," he replied, stealing another quick bite of the cake.

After sometime, Concern etched across Taehyung's face as he witnessed Jungkook rushing towards the bathroom, the sudden onset of nausea interrupting their sweet moment. Without a moment's hesitation, Taehyung followed, his worry palpable.

Inside the bathroom, Jungkook leaned over the sink, his body heaving with each involuntary retch. Taehyung knelt beside him, gently patting his back, offering comfort in the best way he knew. The echoes of Jungkook's distress filled the space.

" Shh, it's okay baby."

As the waves of nausea subsided, Taehyung helped Jungkook stand, guiding him to wash his face. The cool water provided a refreshing respite, and Taehyung, supported Jungkook back to the bedroom.