Chapter 25

Third person's pov

The next day unfolded in the serene ambiance of Jungkook and Taehyung's home. They were casually watching TV when Jin's voice interrupted their peaceful moment.

"Mr. Jeon is here to see you," Jin announced.

Taehyung, with a measured nod, instructed Jin to usher Mr. Jeon inside. The air tensed subtly as Mr. Jeon entered the room. A polite exchange of greetings ensued, and soon, the three were seated in the living room.

Mr. Jeon's demeanor carried a weight of sincerity as he expressed his desire to talk to Jungkook.

As Jungkook settled beside Mr. Jeon, the elder man, with a visible vulnerability, stood up. He moved closer to Jungkook and, to surprise, knelt down, hands joined, a posture of deep remorse and humility.

Jungkook's eyes widened in shock, a mix of emotions playing on his face. He stammered, and told Mr. Jeon to stand up. However, Mr. Jeon, determined to convey the depth of his remorse, insisted on maintaining the position.

"Please let me stay like this. I need to express how genuinely s-sorry I am," Mr. Jeon implored, his voice carrying the weight of regret.

Taehyung, seated nearby, exchanged a quick glance with Jungkook, silently communicating the need for composure. He offered a reassuring smile, prompting Jungkook to take a deep breath.

As Mr. Jeon began to speak, tears streamed down his face. He poured out his heart, acknowledging the mistakes of the past and expressing a sincere desire for change.

Jungkook, despite the initial shock, found himself in a dilemma.

Taehyung, sensing Jungkook's internal struggle, spoke gently. "Mr. Jeon, Jungkook needs time to process this. He'll think about it and let you know. Right now, it's better to give him space."

Mr. Jeon, still on his knees, nodded in understanding. His tears continued to fall, creating a poignant tableau of vulnerability. Jungkook, though overwhelmed, managed to utter words of reassurance.

"I'll think about it," he said, the weight of his past experiences evident in his eyes.

Mr. Jeon rose from his kneeling position, tears still glistening in his eyes. He spoke with a voice heavy with remorse, "I am truly gu-uilty, and I want to make up for my mistakes. I want to spend time with my s-son. I will come here tomorrow again at this time and apologize once more."

With those words, Mr. Jeon left the room, leaving behind a stunned silence. Jungkook sat there, processing the unexpected turn of events. Taehyung, turned toward him, his voice a soothing balm, "Calm down, Jungkook. You're fine, don't panick like yesterday."

Jungkook, still in a bit of shock, took a deep breath. "I... I didn't expect that. I don't know how to feel," he admitted, his eyes searching Taehyung's for reassurance.

Taehyung reached out, placing a comforting hand on Jungkook's shoulder. "It's okay not to know how to feel right now."

As the weight of the moment settled, Jungkook's mind swirled with conflicting emotions. Taehyung continued, "You don't have to decide everything in one go. Take your time, Jungkook. It's about what you want, what you're comfortable with."

Jungkook nodded, appreciating Taehyung's understanding. "Thank you," he whispered,

After a week of persistent apologies from Mr. Jeon, each encounter accompanied by tearful pleas for forgiveness, Jungkook remained resolute in his reluctance to embrace the past.

Night fell, and in the quiet of his bedroom, Jungkook found himself engrossed in his phone when Taehyung entered, a request lingering on his lips.

"Can we talk?" Taehyung's voice was gentle,