Chapter 16

Third person's pov

In the aftermath of their fall onto the soft carpet, Taehyung and Jungkook found themselves in an unusual, almost intimate position.

Their eyes locked, and for a brief moment, it seemed as if time had frozen. There was a strange connection between them, something that neither of them had expected.

Jungkook's voice shattered the surreal silence as he let out a piercing scream. Pain radiated from his injured ankle, He pushed Taehyung off him and clutched at his throbbing ankle.

"Why the hell can't you do anything right?" Jungkook yelled, his words laced with irritation.

Taehyung, still on the floor and a mixture of concern and exasperation in his eyes, sighed deeply. "I didn't slip on purpose," he retorted, his voice steady.

The tension in the room was palpable as Jungkook continued to shout, "Accident or not, you always manage to mess things up!"

Taehyung's patience had its limits, and he finally stood up.
"Enough, Jungkook," he said firmly. "I'm not here to hear your nonsense neither I will tolerate it."

Without waiting for a response, Taehyung picked Jungkook up in his arms. He carried him back to his room in relative silence, the weight of the unexpected incident heavy in the air.

Gently, Taehyung laid Jungkook on the bed, his eyes showing a hint of concern as he asked, "Is there anything else you need?"

Jungkook, his anger subsiding slightly, shook his head in response, his focus on the throbbing pain in his ankle.

As Taehyung saw him still holding his  ankle in pain, a hint of concern softened his typically cold demeanor. He reached for a cold pack and took a seat on the edge of Jungkook's bed.

Jungkook, trying to maintain his usual  attitude, insisted, "I'm fine."

But Taehyung simply ignored jungkook as it was the best thing to do at the moment.

Gently, he held Jungkook's foot, his touch surprisingly tender, as he placed the cold pack on the swollen ankle. His fingers worked in a slow, soothing massage, aiming to ease the pain.

As Taehyung continued to massage Jungkook's swollen ankle, the soothing touch seemed to have its desired effect. The pain gradually subsided, and Jungkook's eyelids grew heavy. The weariness from the day's events caught up with him, and he drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

Taehyung carefully helped Jungkook to lie more comfortably on the bed, covering him with a blanket to ensure he stayed warm. He was about to quietly exit the room, leaving Jungkook to rest, when something caught his eye.

Jungkook's bangs had fallen forward, casting a delicate shadow over his peaceful face. Taehyung, compelled by a rare impulse, leaned closer and gently swayed the strands of hair aside.

Just as Taehyung was about to retreat, he noticed something unexpected. Jungkook, still lost in slumber, reached out and tightly grasped Taehyung's hand, pulling it closer to himself. He hugged Taehyung's hand like a lifeline,

Taehyung was momentarily taken aback by this unexpected display of vulnerability. He gazed down at Jungkook's sleeping form,

Taehyung attempted to gently pull his hand from Jungkook's grip, but Jungkook held on tightly,

Taehyung, not wanting to disturb Jungkook's much-needed rest, decided to remain by his side.

He carefully settled himself on the floor beside the bed, their connected hands resting on the edge. Taehyung leaned against a table behind him, and in the subdued lighting of the room, he eventually closed his eyes. The fatigue from the day's events weighed on him, and unknowingly, he, too, fell into a deep slumber.