Chapter 3

June 20XX

Inside the Johnson household, the middle and youngest siblings, Kyle and Maxis, were currently home and sitting inside on the warm summer day.

"Shannon said that she's at the airport." Kyle said, reading the text off of his phone, "So, I guess we should get ready to leave?"

Maxis nodded, "did she ever decide on where we're going once her cousin and his friend is here?"

"Hmm..." Kyle tapped his chin in thought as he tried to remember, "I think it was Dave and Buster's?" he responded, albeit somewhat unsure.

Both Kyle and Maxis would head to their rooms to get ready. Maxis would end up being the first one ready. As she waited, she'd stop by their oldest brother's, Tyler's, room.

"Are you coming with us to meet Shannon's cousin?" She asked, poking her head into the room.

"No." Tyler responded, "you guys go and have fun." He added, not looking away from his computer monitor.

Maxis shrugged and partially closed the door as she went back to waiting for her other brother to get ready, which didn't take that much longer.

After the two siblings were ready, Kyle and Maxis would leave the house. When they got into Kyle's 4Runner, Maxis texted Shannon and asked her if they were, in fact, supposed to go to Dave and Buster's, because she would've been slightly annoyed if Kyle had been wrong.

Once she got a confirmation text from the red headed female, the two siblings buckled up and proceeded to get going.

***

After a little drive, Kyle pulls the 4Runner into a parking spot in the Dave and Buster's parking lot. They both get out of it and head to the entrance of the place. After entering the place they noticed that they were the first ones to get there.

As they passed the time and waited for the others, Kyle and Maxis grabbed a booth to sit in. They would sit in silence for a couple of moments.

Kyle looked over at his sister, "I wanted to ask you, what's happened with the investigation around Evan's death?"

Maxis nodded upon hearing his question before sighing, "They're probably going to close his case and leave it as a cold case if there's no new information soon." She said, "It actually really pisses me off," she added, "especially because he was one of our best friends..."

Kyle frowned as he listened, feeling guilty for bringing it up. He'd then shake his head, "it's just not right, especially after everything..."

Maxis nodded as she watched and listen to her brother share her frustration. The two of them would continue talking for a little bit about Evan and his death, as they continued t wait for the others to show up.

***

About ten minutes or so had passed since Kyle and Maxis arrived at the place. Shannon, her cousin Brian and his friend Brock were now pulling into the parking lot. Shannon saw her boyfriend's 4Runner parked, so she'd pulled nearby it and park her own car.

After the car had been parked, Shannon, her cousin and his friend would get out. Upon stepping outside, Shannon would look around the parking lot, looking for another car.

Her eyes soon darted towards the parking lot's entrance as she watched the car that she had been looking for enter and then come to a stop nearby her's and her boyfriend's vehicles.

"Hey Kaiden." She called out after watching the person get out of the other car.

The newest person to arrive was Kaiden Jones, one of Shannon's work friends who had the day off and was invited by the red headed female to join the others.

Shannon would quickly introduce Kaiden to her cousin Brian and their friend Brock. Once that was done, the group of four would head towards the doors and then they'd enter the establishment, immediately looking for Kyle and Maxis after stepping inside.

The four would look around for Kyle and Maxis. It didn't take too long, as Kaiden pointed to two people he thought were Maxis and Kyle. After getting a quick confirmation from Shannon, the group of four headed for the booth that the other two were seated in.

Kyle happens to look up as the others got to their booth. He smiles and got up, immediately giving Shannon a quick kiss. After that, Shannon would give Maxis a brief hug and then she'd turn to the others beside her.

"This is my Cousin Brian, his friend Brock, and my work buddy Kaiden." Shannon said to the two seated in the booth before turning to the others, "that's my boyfriend, Kyle and his sister Maxis." She added, introducing everyone to each other

After the introductions, everyone would take a seat in the booth, all except for Kaiden. He told everyone that he needed a quick bathroom break and then he left.

As that happened, Kyle leaned over to Maxis and asked, "Why does he look familiar, Maxis?"

Maxis listened to what her brother asked before turning slightly towards him, "do you remember Brockton and Robert Davis?" she asked in a whisper.

Kyle furrowed his brows in thought but eventually nodded, "yeah, why?" he asked in response.

"Well... If I remember correctly, Kaiden used to date Robert, or was dating him when he was alive, something like that." Maxis explained, while keeping her voice low.

Kyle nodded as he listened his sister talk. Surprisingly, he had somewhat forgotten about Brockton and Robert Davis, the set of twins who were the first to be killed by Bryce and Joey during their Ghostface spree.

Shortly after their conversation, Kaiden came back to the table and took a seat in the booth. After that, the group of six would order their food and eat, whenever it got there.

***

Once everyone was done eating their food, they would all split off and head into the game area of Dave and Buster's, which is where everyone would spend the rest of the night.

***

As the night was winding down, Kyle was waiting at the counter to redeem his tickets from the games. He had earned a lot from his gaming session and he was going to spend them on some prizes for his girlfriend and his sister.

Once his tickets had been redeemed, Kyle left the counter with the two prizes that he got. One of them being a red panda plush, which was for his girlfriend Shannon. The other was a fox plush, which was for his sister Maxis. He wasn't going to give the items to them just yet as he didn't want the others to get jealous or angry for not getting a gift, but sometime soon he would give them to the correct people.

After his turn at the ticket counter, it was time to leave. Everyone gathered together and went to their cars. The fun wasn't going to stop, however, as everyone, minus Kaiden, was going to go to Shannon's house to chill and hang out for the rest of the night.

~

This was a great chapter! We hope that you enjoyed this chapter and see you in the next chapter!