Chapter 11

Maxis Johnson was currently sitting outside her family's house, having left the hospital about thirty minutes ago, after receiving John's text message and the photograph that had been attached.

Parking her car, Maxis took the keys out of the ignition and set them aside. She got out of her car, leaving her gun in the car, seeing as that her and John were here just for investigative purposes.

Slowly making her way up the walkway, Maxis took a deep breath as she neared the door. This was the first time that she had set foot in this house, at least since the night of Tyler's murder.

Pushing the door open, Maxis stepped inside and called out for her detective friend, John. Having not gotten a response from him, she headed towards the bathroom, where Tyler's body had been found, as she assumed that maybe John was in there and somehow didn't hear her.

Making her way to the bathroom, Maxis was greeted by a closed door. Opening the door, she saw that John wasn't anywhere to be found in the bathroom, which confused her.

Taking a few moments to look around the room, Maxis couldn't help but sense that something was a miss. She ended up pulling her phone out and looking at the picture that John had sent earlier.

Looking between the picture of the bathroom and the actual bathroom, Maxis immediately recognized what the issue was. The Ghostface mask that was in the picture was no longer on the floor.

"Alright, John!" Maxis huffed out in annoyance, "If this is your idea of a silly prank, it's not very funny!" She added, still sounding annoyed.

When she didn't get a response, Maxis began to look around the first floor of the house for John. Having not found him, she called out again, "It's not funny anymore, John!" She said, believing that John was pranking her. Not too long after calling out this time, Maxis heard a noise come from upstairs.

Turning her attention towards the staircase, Maxis began to climb up the steps. Upon reaching the top of the stairs, Maxis looked around the second floor's hallway.

Her attention was quickly drawn to the only room that had their door closed. That room belonged to her brother, Kyle. As she approached the door, she having found it odd that John was in her brother's room.

Maxis opened the door to Kyle's room. It took her a few seconds until she finally saw John. He had been seated at Kyle's desk, which was in the corner of the room, with his back towards her.

"John? What are you doing in my brother's room?" Maxis asked as she stood in the doorway.

Much like before, John didn't respond. The silent treatment was starting to get old to her. Maxis now entered the room, determined to get John's attention.

"Hey..." Maxis began to say as she walked over to the desk.

John still didn't respond to her, so Maxis grabbed a hold of the chair that John was seated in and spun it towards her. It was at that moment that she found out why John hadn't said anything. He was dead!

Maxis' eyes widened in horror and she let out a horrified gasp as she looked at John's dead body, having seen the multiple stab wounds in his abdomen and his mutilated neck.

"What the fuck?!" She finally muttered out in horror.

It didn't take long before Maxis was running out of Kyle's room and back down the steps. She was going to go to her car, so that way she could make a call to the station and report what she had just seen.

However, Maxis' plan came to a screeching halt when she got to the front door because she bumped into someone. Maxis glanced up and saw an awfully familiar person that sported a pair of 3-D style sunglasses on their face.